Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiver Question

Post Thanks / Like

Another to consider is the Kwikee Kwiver Combo. It's a detachable 4-arrow, much like the fast 4. I've had the same one for the past 3+ years and it's still almost like new in all regards, meaning it's very rugged. It's also very quiet - never had any noise come from it. I also like that it has two arrow grippers and handles "regular" size and small diameter shafts.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made torque reducing cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I've never understood a 4 or 5 or 6 arrow quiver if they go that far. I think they look nice to show off your arrows on the bow but that's about it. You usually only get 1 shot, maybe 2 if you miss bad enough, but can't see lugging the extra weight around. They also have a better chance of getting caught up on something. I just use a little 3 arrow quiver myself, but only to get the arrows to where I am going. Everyone has their own opinion about this, nobody is wrong with what they use. It works for them and that's what counts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    I guess I've never understood a 4 or 5 or 6 arrow quiver if they go that far. I think they look nice to show off your arrows on the bow but that's about it. You usually only get 1 shot, maybe 2 if you miss bad enough, but can't see lugging the extra weight around. They also have a better chance of getting caught up on something. I just use a little 3 arrow quiver myself, but only to get the arrows to where I am going. Everyone has their own opinion about this, nobody is wrong with what they use. It works for them and that's what counts.
    I have a 3 and 6 Kwikee and always use the 3.Less bulk on the side of my bow.Take it off when I get in my stand.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a Grayling 4 arrow quiver it is small quiet, light and has a broadhead tightener built in the cover. It twists off easily and was less that $30. dollars. Comes in many camo's

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    I have a 3 and 6 Kwikee and always use the 3.Less bulk on the side of my bow.Take it off when I get in my stand.

SL
    I have three of the 3 arrow and one 6 arrow Kwikee's. Use the 3's way more than the 6. Very light & small, easy to stow in or on your pack.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    I guess I've never understood a 4 or 5 or 6 arrow quiver if they go that far. ..........
    They go to at least 8. The Martin quiver I have on my '96 Firecat is an 8 arrow quiver. I never completely filled it, but liked an 8 arrow size in so I could space them out a bit more and this one keeps flatter to bow for a little better balance than some compact ones.

That attached picture shows a little more than what I use to typically carry.........in this case I had 4 camo hunting arrows (normally carry 3) and two older arrows I used for whacking grouse for dinner. Which I have been know to lose or break after missing or blowing thru a bird.

Where or how you hunt may decide on person chooses. On this hunt the main focus was elk, but deer, bear, rabbit and grouse were all open. It was possible to get a chance at more than one animal during the day. (matter of fact, my nephews were after elk not 1/2mile behind me when I took this buck.)
    Had I missed I'd been down to 3 arrows. Had I missed again or taken it, I'm down to 2, and still with a chance for a shot at something else on the way out back to camp. Could have stumbled climbing the mountain draws and broke a nock on one, etc.

Guess I just carry extra arrows because things can happen way back off the road on Western hunts....may have to fend off the dang wolves while packing meat out
    For me the additional arrows are just a little extra insurance. And each arrow only adds roughly another 1oz so it's not that big a deal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RLW; 03-04-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

RLW covers a lot of the reasons I use a 4-arrow quiver while hunting in the west. My style of hunting is typically on the ground, spot-and-stalk/still hunting, so I'm out and about pretty much all day long. His examples covered several scenarios in which a person might have a need for more than 1-3 arrows which definitely applies to me and how I hunt. As has been said many times before, each to his own and what works best.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made torque reducing cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

i went with the cheepest quick disconect i could find,i figure it just holding my arrows and it does that very well.really i did not want to spend a grip of money.dicks is ware i got it.20$.tru-glow 4 arrow quiver is what i got.cheep,e-z on and off.i like to set it to the side when i make my shots but thats just me.
    Last edited by gravedigger; 03-04-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Super Quiver

I've got a TruGlo 5 arrow thats either on the bow when I'm on the bike or on my pack when I'm on foot. Back in my recurve days I had a Bear 8 arrow that I once emptied at a herd of feral goats, had one arrow left at days end when the big billy stood broadside at 45 yds, and I still remember that black and brown sob watching the arrow come and ducking under it, 8 broken arrows and wounded pride, I collected the last saveable Bear razor head and went home. Is it any wonder that I one day ended up with a Martin 10 arrow super quiver? Still have it.

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 03-05-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I don't even own 10 arrows!