Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cam Rotation: Over/under rotated

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    excellent information from the Doc...again you should write a book on nos cam's my man
    I'll take a copy.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I missed reading Copterdoc's post explaining cam advancement or retardation. Sorry about that, but now I do have a better understanding of those terms. Thanks for that.

Scott, nice to see you around.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Results are IN

Okay, I did some adjusting over the last few evenings and got the cams wrapped up so that there is about 1/8th of an inch between my cable and the cable loop on both top and bottom cams. I ended up adding a twist and half to each cable and let out 3 twists on the string. My draw weight is dialed in perfect at 63# peak and adjusted my draw stop so that my total draw length was back down to just over 29". The hold weight came in at 20.5# which makes it 68% let off. This combination feels good to shoot and what did it do for speed?? It took my 380gr arrows from 285-288fps up to 300-303fps and my 390gr arrows are posting 295-298fps!!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP FELLAS!!! Very happy with my SILENCER!!!
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thats where it should be

mudpig,
    that is exactly where I thought you should have been. Thats more like it, an IBO weight arrow in that bow will be doing 325 or better. Could you run one through the crono and let us know what it says?
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to see if I can make something up that light. IBO weight would be 315gr, I believe. I'll let you know.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Default answer

Brem, I just made up an arrow close to IBO. Lightest I could make up was 319.4gr. First arrow over the chrony was 330! But....shots after that were closer to 325fps

Post Thanks / Like

"I feel the need, the need for speed". Fantastic
    Last edited by Brem; 03-04-2011 at 04:07 AM.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I am not willing to give this a try but here are my concerns. Firstly, I used to own an '09 AX now a 2010 Nemesis and all info on these bows and cam systems were that anything less than equal cam sync at full draw will provide alot of shot noise and vibration so was/is this fact or falicy? Second, I have a Silencer on the way with seemingly the same cam system as the Ryteras, correct? So what gives? Is the Silencer loud and hard on the shot when tuned like the CATS? And does this work on the Ryteras with the same success?

SonnyThomas

Default Rotation: Over/under rotated

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis03 View Post
    Not that I am not willing to give this a try but here are my concerns. Firstly, I used to own an '09 AX now a 2010 Nemesis and all info on these bows and cam systems were that anything less than equal cam sync at full draw will provide alot of shot noise and vibration so was/is this fact or falicy? Second, I have a Silencer on the way with seemingly the same cam system as the Ryteras, correct? So what gives? Is the Silencer loud and hard on the shot when tuned like the CATS? And does this work on the Ryteras with the same success?
    To me " loud and hard" comes from a bow not tuned properly. Right now the noisiest thing on my Shadowcat is the draw cord for the Limb Driver - when it snaps tight to lower the rest after shot.
    Last edited by SonnyThomas; 04-09-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm catching on here but my only question is which is more important twisting the cables or untwisting the string or a combination? When do we know to employ one vs. the other or the combo.?