Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAT 2 CAMS fs

Post Thanks / Like

Default CAT 2 CAMS fs

I think I recall someone here was looking for a set of Cat 2 cams. Just saw a set fs on Archerytalk for $40.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if these will fit my limbs without issues (such as needing different axles and other parts)?
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if these will fit my limbs without issues (such as needing different axles and other parts)?
    I assume it's for your 08 Firecat, replacing the Cat Cams for Cat 2 Cams? If so, they should be OK, may need a spacer kit which is just an assortment of different size spacers for the axles, and available from Martin or dealer.

I would suggest however, if the current cams are working OK, don't change em

Post Thanks / Like

Also cat cams usually have re-enforced limbs, a pin thru the limb tips...
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I was just curious if they would be a direct fit replacement for my CAT cams on my bow, in case the urge hit me for some reason down the road. Right now I'm very pleased with how my bows shooting and don't have any plans to change out parts such as these but you never know what's in store in the future. My latest changes have been adding a TRG/SOS system and new VEM modules and so far I'm quite pleased.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

The interchangability of Martins limbs and cams is hard to resist, seem like its always, what if..........
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Especially for those of us who like to tinker with things.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info it was me looking for them i should have checked this earleyer . i am still looking if any one has them or knows were i could get some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 03-02-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so sure there is much of a difference between the cams, but changing to the newer modules is definitley worth the price. The older ones (2008) had a pretty sharp edge and if the cable rubbed on it it would eat up the end serving. The newer ones have more rounded edges and are slightly narrower. Still they have sharp edges on the inner side of the track and need touched up with a fine file and/or fine sand paper.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver