Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAT 2 CAMS fs

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info it was me looking for them i should have checked this earleyer . i am still looking if any one has them or knows were i could get some

Darn, sorry Crider, looks like someone from my neck of the woods may have taken the cams. Wish I'd known it was you who wanted them, would have PM ed ya.

Post Thanks / Like

dumb question but what's the difference between cat and cat 2 cams? Just to show my stupidity I have to ask, did 2008 firecat pro-x's come with cat 2 cams? One other dumb question while I have the nerve, I have seen alot of firecats while I was looking for mine and I noticed that they all had firecat on the bottom limb of the bow. When I got mine I noticed ( after a long time ) that mine only had martin on both limbs. Was I sold a firecat pro-x or something else? Don't know how to post pics, duh, or I would so you guys can see what I got. I still like the bow but it would be nice to know what it is I have. Sorry if I changed the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of Cat Cams for sale. These came off my 08 Slayer. Never had a problem with them, just the limbs that cracked.
    Rod Halford 1SG U.S. Army (Retired)
    Scott's Strings Staff Shooter www.scottsstrings.com
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter www.deadcenterarchery.com
    Pro Staff U-Slide Bow Holder www.u-slide.com
    M4L

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I just posted on this thread and it has the time at 5:32. The time where I am is 8:47. What am I missing?

Post Thanks / Like

dumb question but what's the difference between cat and cat 2 cams?
    Not a dumb question. There is virtually no difference, that I can see anyway. They changed from Cat to Cat2 about mid 2009 I believe, when people were having a few hassles with cables being frayed at the DL mods. Maybe they smoothed down the edges a little, but that's something you can easily do yourself.

Regarding the limbs having only the name 'Martin' on them, if the limbs were replaced at any time, that is what you are sent. If you bought the bow new, then it's very unusual that the name of the bow is not on the limb.

Post Thanks / Like

This may be alot to ask (aren't you glad I found this site) But I went back to the classifieds on at and found the one for my bow. If you search martin firecat in the hunting bows it will show as 09 firecat at edition. You can see pics of the bow in there. Perhaps someone can explain what an at edition is? I don't mind paying for something I would like to have, but I would like to get what I am paying for. At the time I had the money and I knew what I wanted so I got the first one I could get my hands on. Anyone else have this problem? Perhaps reading the ad would make sence to someone, yet I am still at a loss. Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    OK, I just posted on this thread and it has the time at 5:32. The time where I am is 8:47. What am I missing?
    The forum time is permanently set for the Alaska or Pacific time zone, so you won't see the correct time.

A.S
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 03-03-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

uuhh, it's not set to Pacific time. It's 8:59 pacific time right now
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade