Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What broad heads are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

Wasp Boss Bullet 100's, need a deer to get in the way of one to decide if I will continue.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Slick Trick 100 standards......wicked sharp out of the package, can't count how many times I've cut myself putting them together and they fly like field points. Also use G5 Montecs because they fly like field points and can be easily resharpened. Usually carry a Rage 2 blade in the quiver also since fall turkey season here runs during deer season.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    ware do you get thouse for 33$.cheepest i found was 37 for 3 blade 100 grane
    Lancaster Archery catalog.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

been using TR rocket aerohead 75grn. mini blaster 3's since "04".never had a problem with them! I used NAP spitfires and had them not open on deer. try explaining a round hole in a deer during bow season to a game warden!won't use them ever again.

Post Thanks / Like

since were on the topic of broadheads.has anyone ust the muzzy mx3.i see i has a wider cuting diamiter.but how does it fly.will it still be tru at 50 yards.or is it a 30 yard treestand broadhead.i walk and stalk.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading pretty much all the arrow lethality reports published by Dr Ed Ashby I decided to try out the Grizzly broadheads he touted as being the top or always near the top for penetration and bone breaking capability, allowing the broadhead to reach the vitals more reliably than most. After shooting these I've been able to confirm almost all that he said they do. The only thing I haven't had the opportunity to do yet is put them through an animal - the reason being I just switched to them last summer and only called in and saw spike bulls last fall and couldn't shoot them (not enough antler points). I can tell you though they fly VERY well (very accurate) and cut a spiral wound channel just like he and others have observed. The only downside is they are somewhat hard to get sharp initially, but once done they hold a very good edge and are nearly indestructible.

If you aren't familiar with the good doctor you can check out his many field test reports that he's published over the years from here (http://www.tradgang.com/ashby/). They are well worth the time as he's spent close to 30 years testing all types of broadheads, arrows, arrow weights and combinations of different weights and FOC by shooting into live and just killed African game animals of all types and sizes. He's recorded his findings in about as scientific a manner as a person could do so as to not induce bias.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

i used rockets stellheads 100gr for years ran out, then rage two blade 100gr for one week did not like them at all ,then back to what i started off hunting with 100gr 3blade muzzys.. one i would like to try is slicktricks 100gr

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

started out w GK Deadhead 100gr. Very tough,good flight,killed many deer and squirrel. Hard to find now,though. 100gr Muzzy 3 blade,could never get to fly well for practice so I never used them for huntin. Wasp Hammer SST's. Tough w good flight,great blood trail,many deer killed. 100gr Steel Force 2blade, not so tough,dart like flight,reasonably priced,extremely sharp out of the pkg. Thinking of trying them again.killed a few deer. Thunderhead 100gr,good flight w tuning,broken blades and bent ferrule after penetration. Blood trail weak. Magnus 2blade(Nuge blades). Quite tough but sometimes curls from shoulder hits. Good flight w minor tuning. Marginal blood trail but HUGE hole on last seasons deer. Was actually accused by my two brothers,dad,and brother-in-law as well as co-workers of using my 12g pump(anothe pic for A.S. To post?) Carbon Express Mayhem EXT 100gr 3blade,opened pkg, shot into target and had blades break on third shot. CX made it right by seng me a free pkg but not sure I'll hunt w them. Picked up some NAP Nitrons for $15/3pk(Walmart clearance) very sharp,minor planing,However...my bow wasn't properly tuned at that point either. Also in 100gr 3blade. Further practice will determine usage.

now, I was checking out the RamCats yesterday. What's you review of those?

Post Thanks / Like

For my Moab, Slick Trick 100 gr. mags or Shuttle T-locks. Both fly great, and get great penetration. For my Firecat, I shoot 100 gr. Rage 2 blade. Haven't been able to get fixed blades to fly well out of it so far. Still working on it though. For turkey hunting, I use a Mini-Max 3 blade expandable 100gr. Huge diameter, and puts alot of shock on the bird when hit. Definitely puts them down where you hit them, if hit well.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Three blade 125 grain thunderheads love them I have only lost two deer In the last 19 years and both were questionable shots!