Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting release

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunting release

What are you using for a hunting release? I have an old tru fire realtree release and noticed alot of rust inside the jaws from sitting so long.It's not a bad release but just wanted to see what was being used

Post Thanks / Like

i aswell use trufire.i did not see the point in spending 100+ dollare on a release.i have two.onei got for free because a buddy of mine thought he needed a $100 release and one i bought just incase.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am using a tru-ball cyclone, its a very nice release. On average $50. or so. Strap type for wrist and strap to the release head.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Scott Lil bitty goose, but I keep a Tru Ball Short N Sweet in my pack as a backup. I've had the Scott since about 95 and just replaced the strap last summer. I've got all the anodizing wore off the inside of the jaw but it just keeps right on working.

I like the Tru Ball, but it just dosen't quite have the same feel as the Scott. Not quite as smooth on the release, almost feels like the hook wants to hang up slightly as the loop slips past it.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Tru-Fire 3D Hunter thumb release here.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Tru-Fire Hurricane.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to be just my fingers...humm till some one told my I cant do that..

picked up a release in 95.. strap on caliper type, ajustable triger.. Wore the strap out,replaced with new buckle.. have no idea who made it.

new release (target for now) is Tru Ball bt ultra gold 3
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Im using a truball sniper 2 release,really like it.Ive used it in all sorts of weather and see no rust.Not to bad price wise all in all a good hunting release.

Post Thanks / Like

I been using a Carter Quickie 1 for 2+ years and love it. Very clean release and consistent shot after shot and so far very reliable.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using a Cascade model 8 for about 10 years now. It's more precision and very crisp. Being a rope release it's what most would consider a target style, but having used this style (rope) for about 35 years it's become second nature to hook up and I don't have to deal with a string loop wearing out or turning on the string. Fact is I've never had to replace the rope yet and string serving doesn't wear out either.

I have two of these along with a model 10. Then there's two older back tension Stanisloski releases and I just picked up and am playing with a True Ball Sweet Spot Ultra 3, which I don't think is going to last long.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver