Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Shadowcat cable rubbing

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Shadowcat cable rubbing

My new shadowcat cable rubs the cable attachment post when drawing back. I can adjust a little with the cable guard but this puts the guard in the full out position and puts lots of torque on the bow and still the cable doesn't clear all the way. Has started to rub off the serving. Anyone else had this problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a picture? There are a couple guys on here that have ShadowCats and may be able to help.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

any pictures?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, thanks for getting back. Here is a photo of the cable. You can see the serving is fuzzy where it is rubbing off. I have adjusted the cable guard out as far as it will go and it still rubs, and thats putting a lot of torque on the bow.
    Anybody see this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

1.5 cams set to a longer draw length ? I know I saw someone else on here that had the same issue, can't recall how they fixed it though.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - looks like your draw length mod and draw stop are set wrong.
    Looking at the pic - the cable on the left is already at the very end of the module but the drawstop is nowhere near the limb yet.
    The cam rotation should stop before the cable (on the right) reaches the post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Yeah - looks like your draw length mod and draw stop are set wrong.
    Looking at the pic - the cable on the left is already at the very end of the module but the drawstop is nowhere near the limb yet.
    The cam rotation should stop before the cable (on the right) reaches the post.
    I'm the one who had this problem. I posted it about 8 or 12 months ago. I think your mods and draw stop do need to be set correctly. However I think Martin just didn't test their cams at the longer draw lengths. I own 3 Shadow cats and they all have the same problem. I ended up grinding mine down and rounding them off. I also jacked the cable guard almost all the way out.

I might suggest that you buy trade for the longer 2.0 cams if you need a longer draw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by b0w_bender; 03-01-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

twisting the cables a bit can also take care of this problem.

On my CAT2-Cams the cables rubbed way past this cable post. After twisting the cables a bit and giving the cam a sligtly different rotation everything was gone...

Hm, better to say the least..
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at your photo, 1st thing I see is the draw stop is not set correctly for the mod setting, where you are in the draw cycle the stop should have already contacted the limb.

Check your string and cable lengths and get them set to factory specs if they aren't already, then get the cams timed correctly and get the draw length set so the draw stop contacts the limb at the same time the cables fully seat in the flat part of the mod track.

Once all this is done, try rotating the cable rod in as far as possible while still allowing fletch clearance.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I see the same thing. Particularly the mention about the draw stop. As set right now it's allowing the bow to be drawn past the flat part of the module. When set correctly the cable on the right will not even reach the pin it's hitting.

It won't hurt to check the string/cable lengths, but the main problem is the draw stop.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver