Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Shadowcat cable rubbing

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all thanks for the info. so I will move the draw stop so that the cable doesn't get to the post..? In other words the draw stop and mod are set wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

You could say that. Let's say that you were drawing the cable past the end of the module. The flat part of the module acts as a soft wall at full draw. The draw stop acts as a solid wall.

Moving the draw stop in accordance to the module setting is going to shorten how far you were drawing before. So if it's too short for you then you'll have to move the module and the stop to a longer setting.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Yeah - looks like your draw length mod and draw stop are set wrong.
    Looking at the pic - the cable on the left is already at the very end of the module but the drawstop is nowhere near the limb yet.
    The cam rotation should stop before the cable (on the right) reaches the post.
    I'm the one who had this problem. I posted it about 8 or 12 months ago. I think your mods and draw stop do need to be set correctly. However I think Martin just didn't test their cams at the longer draw lengths. I own 3 Shadow cats and they all have the same problem. I ended up grinding mine down and rounding them off. I also jacked the cable guard almost all the way out.

I might suggest that you buy trade for the longer 2.0 cams if you need a longer draw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by b0w_bender; 03-01-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

twisting the cables a bit can also take care of this problem.

On my CAT2-Cams the cables rubbed way past this cable post. After twisting the cables a bit and giving the cam a sligtly different rotation everything was gone...

Hm, better to say the least..
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

So if I get the 2.0 cams, would that mean at my draw length 29'' the cam will never rotate to the post?

Post Thanks / Like

Try this first: Set both your modules in the #6 position. Then adjust the draw stop so it contacts the limb and stops the cam rotation at the point where the cables come off the modules 3/8"-1/2" from the end of the mod. (right about where the limb crosses the mod in your pick.
    See if that puts your draw length right and stops the cable from contacting the post.

Post Thanks / Like

I will give that a try as well.

Post Thanks / Like

If you do decide that you want the Cat 2 cams, here's a guy selling a set of 'em for $40 on AT

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ghlight=martin
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default cat 2 cams

changing to cat 2 cams is the only fix without grinding down the post. You can twist the cables ,rotate the cam and adjust the stop "till the cows come home" the draw won't go past 29 inch without hitting the post.In a local shop yesterday they are advertising the 1.5 as going to 29 only I guess that fixes the issue but doesn't help us who bought the bow as advertised as going to 30.
    Last edited by vkrules; 03-02-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked the specs. if you change the cams you will also need a new string and you should be able to use the same cables.