Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Shadowcat cable rubbing

Post Thanks / Like

At least 3 string builders on this board, two of have a shop and Montalaar also makes strings.

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...ead.php?t=8936
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 03-02-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I setup 2 - 2010's for a customer, both had the 1.5's set for 30", one was his indoor bow and the other was for IBO use. Initially, out of the box, they both had issues with the cables rubbing the post. After getting both in spec and playing around with the cable rod position we had clearance on both bows, wasn't much, but the cables did clear the post.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a lot of you have had this happen. When I talked with Joel at Martin about it he had never heard of this. Maybe they should get a heads up so they can work on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckhunt View Post
    Seems like a lot of you have had this happen. When I talked with Joel at Martin about it he had never heard of this. Maybe they should get a heads up so they can work on it.
    Yeh that's the third time I've head "martin have never heard of this" Got to wonder why they have taken the trg sos off the 2011 bows.Don't get me wrong I like the bow it's one of the best finger bows I've tried, just don't like having the cable guard pulled right out to clear the peg.
    Last edited by vkrules; 03-02-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey archerx7, what do you mean getting the bow into specs? What specs. are you referring to?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckhunt View Post
    Hey archerx7, what do you mean getting the bow into specs? What specs. are you referring to?
    String and cable lengths, don't assume they are correct out of the box. And before anyone makes any comments.........., its not just Martin that ships bows with strings out of spec, their are at least 3 other companys that ship bows with strings out of spec as well as changing specs in the middle of a model year. When you make strings for a living, this makes life a bit complicated, trying to chase down all the correct specs.

I do have a different set of specs for the Shadowcat w/1.5's, than what is listed on the limbs. I'll dig through my files tomorrow and post them for anyone interested.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    String and cable lengths, don't assume they are correct out of the box. And before anyone makes any comments.........., its not just Martin that ships bows with strings out of spec, their are at least 3 other companys that ship bows with strings out of spec as well as changing specs in the middle of a model year. When you make strings for a living, this makes life a bit complicated, trying to chase down all the correct specs.
    How very true. I spent two weeks trying to figure out why my brand new $1200 Oneida Kestrel was all over the place and would not stay in tune. Finally sent it to a dealer in Maine and it had the wrong string and cables on it directly from CPOneida. Presto chango and everything was so sweet.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post

I do have a different set of specs for the Shadowcat w/1.5's, than what is listed on the limbs. I'll dig through my files tomorrow and post them for anyone interested.
    Be interesting to see,I've adjusted mine from one end to the other, making the draw from 1inch long to 1inch short( cam under rotated to cam over rotated)and then setting the module ,always with the same result.when actual draw length gets to 29 inch the cable hits the post ( actually i did manage to get an extra 1/4 inch with the cam under rotated and the module on the 29 inch position.And that was with the bow set at 2011 spec. Anyway I am hoping your right, but I just purchased that set of no 2 cams on archery talk, just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

The alternate specs I have are, String 60" Cables 46.25 . these are for the 1.5 cams.

If you are switching from the 1.5's to the 2.0's, remember that you'll lose appox. 7-10#'s DW if you are using the same limbs.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default cat 2

Thanks for pointing that out. I've got 70lb limbs and shoot 62 I'm covered.