Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shot placement

SonnyThomas

Default Shot placement

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I like heart shots whenever possible. Hella blood trails and generally drop within 40yds. Otherwise it's double lung if I don't have a clear heartshot.
    Not always true. My aunt still has the heart of the first dear killed on the farm. A perfect X right through the center of the heart. Bear broadhead with bleeders. The buck cleared a 40 acre corn field before it dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Another reason the double-lung shot is so effective that some hunters and non-hunters alike don't think of, and that's the fact that both lungs collapse and the animal can't breathe which helps keep them from going far after the shot. These shots also are going to cut blood vessels that will cause a rapid drop in blood pressure that will deprive the brain of oxygenated blood, thus causing it to stop functioning quick too.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made torque reducing cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

thought i would drop this link in here .... You can print off targets... check it out.. they have all the big game Vitals too.

http://www.dewclawarchery.com/printa...gets-a/136.htm
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    This may sound stupid,is there anything to hunt where you live?Like do you have any large game to hunt?Just curious.

SL
    Mainly wild hogs and less deer (different from those in North America, but i'm too lazy now to search the correct English name ). There are also brown bears, wolves and jackals but they can't be killed without a special permission.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Mainly wild hogs and less deer (different from those in North America, but i'm too lazy now to search the correct English name ). There are also brown bears, wolves and jackals but they can't be killed without a special permission.
    Aren't they red deer? Stags and hinds. 1st cousin to our elk.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Aren't they red deer? Stags and hinds. 1st cousin to our elk.
    May be... We call them "noble deer"
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Thanks.Just curious.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyhud View Post
    a rapid drop in blood pressure that will deprive the brain of oxygenated blood, thus causing it to stop functioning quick too.
    I've had this problem for years and I don't think anybody has double-lunged me. LOL
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I've had this problem for years and I don't think anybody has double-lunged me. LOL
    Thats because your on the endangered species list.. way to valuable around here.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Default A better bear picture

as you can see buy all this blue thats the shot to take..

Just keep away from that leg bone....sharpen them BH's up and go shoot some wild game
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darton Fury recurve