Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: uh oh! Screamin' Cheetah

Post Thanks / Like

At ~7" of brace height, the C cam will IBO about 325 at it's highest DL setting.

That's with an ATA of 36" +/- 2".

The Cheetah has a much shorter power stroke, so it will lose some speed. However, a shorter ATA also means less string has to be moved.

So, you will get back some (but not all) of what you lost in power stroke, by gaining efficiency.

I would expect an adjusted IBO of around 320.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    At ~7" of brace height, the C cam will IBO about 325 at it's highest DL setting.

That's with an ATA of 36" +/- 2".The Cheetah has a much shorter power stroke, so it will lose some speed. However, a shorter ATA also means less string has to be moved.

So, you will get back some (but not all) of what you lost in power stroke, by gaining efficiency.

I would expect an adjusted IBO of around 320.
    And whats the A2A of your Cougar lll ? Thats a Cougar lll Mag, right? So A2A is 36'5".
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    And whats the A2A of your Cougar lll ? Thats a Cougar lll Mag, right? So A2A is 36'5".
    Yes.

36.5" ATA, with a 6.25" brace height and a max DL of 28".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    There are a couple of things to consider, that are different about my Cougar, than the hypothetical Nitrous Cheetah being discussed.

First of all, My C3 has NOS B cams, not C's. The B cam is faster than the C cam. You just can't get it to reach a 28" DL with an ATA much shorter than 36".

Second, Even though I am only drawing it back to 28", I am getting 20" of power stroke. Going from 36.5" of ATA, to 30.5", shortens the power stroke by about 2". Also, the Cheetah has a parallel limb configuration. The C3 does not. The limbs on the C3 add about 1" to the power stroke compared to the Cheetah.

The C cam draws 3" farther than the B cam. It should just barely reach 28.5" on the Cheetah. With a 7.25" BH, that gives it a power stroke of only 19.5".

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

so it basically would be pointless since the Cheetah w Mpro already has a 320ibo?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Nitrous will actually get that IBO!

Post Thanks / Like

then what about using the C3 mag limbs w the NOS cams? String/cable length? A2A?powerstroke?adjusted IBO?max draw length/weight?Braceheight?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

The mag limbs will give you a 8.25" BH and will max at about 29.5" of DL.

You will need to move the modules two holes, and you will lose 1" of power stroke. That equates to an adjusted IBO 10 F.P.S. lower than the limbs already installed on the Cheetah.

But, the string/cable lengths will still be about the same. You could add 3/4" to both the cable and the string lengths, so your ATA will measure 31.25".

Post Thanks / Like

lol. You gotta bare with me. I'm very confused about how to figure this stuff out. How do you get the measurements? Is it mathematical(which I truly suck at)or info gained by experience?

in your opinion, what would be the best way to tackle this project? Mag limbs w NOS cams or NOS on the Cheetah limbs? My goal is a fairly stable,forgiving speed bow in a tight pkg w/o the pricetag of the big 3. Is this a pipe dream or an attainable goal?

once again,thanks for your input. I'm a tech junkie and love learing stuff like this. It's my real passion.