Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inconsistent shooting HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Hey, I'd venture an educated guess and say at least half the adult males are overbowed, too. That and probably close to 75% shoot a longer draw length than what they should.
    true.. key point is, If you can not draw your bow while sitting on a chair..its too much weight.. one should be able to hold bow still, while drawing back with out any body sway, even while standing... If you try an shoot the moon to draw...best you back it down
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

fisher; you are correct we will have to resight his bow. When I lowered the draw weight, he said to me " this is way to easy to pull back". I told him its not about how much you can pull back, its about being accurate. When I start to see tight groups, then we might turn bow up. I have been blessed with two wonderful boys who love to shoot with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoots martin View Post
    fisher; you are correct we will have to resight his bow. When I lowered the draw weight, he said to me " this is way to easy to pull back". I told him its not about how much you can pull back, its about being accurate. When I start to see tight groups, then we might turn bow up. I have been blessed with two wonderful boys who love to shoot with me.
    funny I have heard that befor. I must ask how long can he shoot that bow @ It's current weight ? amount of arrows @ a time ?
    take a look in Green with envy thread. (feal free to post up his groups)
    . Rhino is 5' 5" an 150lbs 27"draw, shoots a parker sidekick @ 40lbs.
    I know he is under bowed.. but with out 50# limbs he knows he cant have more even if he wants it.. and he does..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking to Rottzilla who lives a few miles from the Parker facility, and they're still making us send the bow back and have them install limbs, $50 for the limbs +shipping. Only has to shoot 130 yds to be legal here. and 40# is enough for this not so little guy, wonder what he'll be wearing in July?

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

ElkSlayer; To answer your questions, when we shoot targets he shoots 2 warm up rounds, then 10 rounds of 6 arrows (72), that takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like he shoots plenty then...back the 6 arrows down to 4.( thats the # used in field rounds) you can still shoot that time frame just may get more ends done hope his target shooting comes around,,,as i said make it fun.
    go ahead an give them one of your arrows to shoot at..watch them groups get tighter...
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

We shot target lastnight and he had a robin hood. We get up this morning and he has to shoot 4H archery, and guess what another robin hood $$$$$$$$. He is shooting much better. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoots martin View Post
    We shot target lastnight and he had a robin hood. We get up this morning and he has to shoot 4H archery, and guess what another robin hood $$$$$$$$. He is shooting much better. Thanks
    We used to have a saying among the group I shot with. Quote: "Easton makes them every day." Glad to hear something is helping him. Now I'll bet he gets even better as his confidence level will go up. Just remember though, he'll have good days and once in a while a bad day. Just shoot form and don't be concerned with score.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Robinhoods are great! As bfisher said the confidence level climbs and so doesn't the shooting.
    That is good news shoots martin!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

lol destroying aarows wrecks me!!!! lol. been shooting indoor and been averaging 280ish. havent got anything deadnuts locked down either....lol im not liking how my peep is framing my sight inside. outside in sunlight its great!
    lol i havent even got the knock point where i want it yet.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight