Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FRUSTRATING tuning issuse '10 Firecat TR1

upland woodie

Default FRUSTRATING tuning issuse '10 Firecat TR1

Ive been having problems tuning my bow. Im shooting a 2010 Firecat TR1 @ 62lbs, 28in draw, easton SL Elite arrows 400, wisker bisket rest. When I line everything up it wont papertune, with the tears telling me to move rest to the left. After adjusting the rest to shoot straight holes, looking at the bow from the front the arrow is extreme left... Just got it back from the pro shop after discovering/fixing cam lean, went to paper tune again w/ same results telling me to move the rest to the left, being unable to shoot bullet holes unless I do so. If anybody can please help Id really appreciate it, this has been an ongoing problem since I bought the bow new 7 monthes ago & its becoming very frustrating

Post Thanks / Like

Woodie, don't want this to sound like a put down to the way you shoot, but it sounds like a problem with your form, especially if you're fairly new to shooting a compound bow. Or it could be that the fletching is making contact with something. Have you checked that?

Also, is it possible for you to get someone with plenty of compound experience to shoot it through paper, maybe someone at the pro shop.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Gibson thanks for the response. Ture I am new to archery but it shoots bullets hole when the arrow is nocked & pointing extreme left. I realize it could be my form but the guys at the pro shop watched me shoot & said they couldnt see anything wrong on my end at least not as extreme as the bow indicates but its still possible & then we discovered the cam lean at full draw.
    When lined up correctly/fixed by the pro shop or eyeballed by me, on release the arrow does come in contact the lower left part of the outter ring of the wisker bisket. The only way ive gotten rid of that is to move arrow rest left so the arrow flys straight though the rest but then again the arrow when nocked faces extremely left.
    So bacially itll shoot straight through paper & the rest but arrow must to be facing extremely left to accomplish this. As new as I am to the sport, even I can tell something is not right not, to mention Ive been back and fourth to my pro shop & I have even sent the bow into Martins for smaller issues that I now believe stem from a bigger issue.
    Today Im going back to the pro shop to drop the bow off for however long theyll need it to get it right, I really hope I didnt buy a $500 pile of junk

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome the forum upland woodiw. It sounds just like your form or torquing the bow. The only other thing it could be is the rest is not centered. But more likely it is Torquing the bow.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Today Im going back to the pro shop to drop the bow off for however long theyll need it to get it right, I really hope I didnt buy a $500 pile of junk
    Just wondering when you're at the pro shop, if they have a paper tuning set up there, and if so, maybe have one of the pros put a few arrows through.

I thought you may have a w biscuit fitted. They are probably one of the trickiest rests to deal with. As well as being very sensitive to form, ie torquing the bow on release, they must be fitted axactly perpendicular to the arrow, although on this issue, nock high or nock low tears usually occur.

Hope you get it sorted.

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to the pro shop, guess were gunna get it on a "hooter shooter" tonight I really hope its not me cause I cant even overexagerate a movement to compinsate for this. As far as grip goes i was taught to push/bace w/ an open hand to help eliminate torque & Ive even thought the leveling bubble on my sight was off. What other factors will add torque? I think my bow is adjusted right as far as fitting goes. I dont want to sound like Im not to blame, its highly possible, but if thats true ill be even more confused then I am right now. Any correct solution is what I want reguardless of how disappointing it may be.... guess well see tonight, ill keep you posted thank you for your input

Post Thanks / Like

You sound like you have ruled out a lot of possibilities. One other thing came to mind. Jerking the trigger on the release. This is what happens when tap the release instead of wrapping your fingers 1st knuckle around the trigger and pull. This too will cause the string to oscillate and go to the opposite side of which ever hand you are. Also if the trigger is to hard to pull will cause that effect.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

UW, are you a right or left hand shooter ? Normally a right hand bow with a roller guard will tune inside(to the right) toward the riser instead of down the center, a left hand bow will tune inside(to the left).

When you say cam lean..., are you refering to the top idler ? If not, that also has to be adjusted by twisting one side of the yoke or the other.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

You sound like you have ruled out a lot of possibilities
    I'm with Hutch here, and also on the trigger possibility. Other than that, I'd try it with a different rest. The Hooter should eliminate a few more possibilities.

Sorry you're having problems, that particular model is a great shooter, have one myself.

Post Thanks / Like

The shooting machine doesn't lie. Its either bow or human that has the problem. I have a shooting machine and it has helped many of times. It will find the problem.

Hutch