Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bodoodle rest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bodoodle rest

Does anyone use a 300 pro zapper? I just put one on my bow and the instructions dont say on how to tune the vertical arrow adjustment. From what i can figure I'd either have to mess with my nock sets or loosen the rest. Also the set screw on the slide bar going into the rest mount seems to just loosen the whole rest. The manufacturer's instructions aren't very good, but I'm sure it's just me lol

SonnyThomas

Default Bodoodle rest

I haven't played with the Zapper, but have with comparable rests. Yes, you have to loose the bottom bolt to rotate the cradle up or down. You should have micro lines, both vertical and horizontal to give reference of movement.

If have to rotate either up or down a great deal I'd suggest the move the rest mount and then proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Arrow Splitter and Hutch-N-Son both shoot the zapper 300. try to pm them
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I haven't played with the Zapper, but have with comparable rests. Yes, you have to loose the bottom bolt to rotate the cradle up or down. You should have micro lines, both vertical and horizontal to give reference of movement.

If have to rotate either up or down a great deal I'd suggest the move the rest mount and then proceed.
    Sonny is right on. Once the you get the rest set up, you will find that it's extremely accurate. It's also nice not to have the arrow falling off the rest while hunting.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Your arrow falls off your rest? You do know that just because Waddell stands on his head to shoot at flowers thats its not normal practice, don't you?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

SonnyThomas

Default Bodoodle rest

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Your arrow falls off your rest? You do know that just because Waddell stands on his head to shoot at flowers thats its not normal practice, don't you?
    Not normal, but the original owner of Bodoodle did just that, sort of. He hung upside down by his knees and shot to prove the arrow would stay on the rest.

May be I off stream a bit, but seems prices took a jump when the business was sold after the original owner's passing.

Post Thanks / Like

Not normal, but the original owner of Bodoodle did just that, sort of. He hung upside down by his knees and shot to prove the arrow would stay on the rest.

May be I off stream a bit, but seems prices took a jump when the business was sold after the original owner's passing.
    Since when do we all stay in mid stream?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

SonnyThomas

Default Bodoodle rest

Yeah, but triple increase? I remember when it was thought that Bodoodle would no longer be and Gander Mountain had a clearnce sale on them. A friend and I bougth a bunch of Bullet Bodoodles. I still have one, never opened the package it came in. Price was like $27.00. Now $70 plus?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys,
    I've gone back to a Bodoodle Timberdoodle after doing a dance with a couple of drop away rests and not liking them. Even though it's only got two fingers, my arrows stay where they belong.....of course, I don't stand on my head either. I'm probably violating some rule of modern archery by using this old technology, but it surely does shoot straight, is easy to set up, never fails and looks good in the process.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I heard that story. At least I know that while I'm hunting from my stand, I can hang upside down with my harness and still get a kill shot on a deer.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com