Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Pantera String Stop?

Post Thanks / Like

Was looking a the sts on ebay, will the increase in draw weight be benificial for arrow speed correct? Or should I go aftermarket?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pic for reference for Hutch's question on where to measure Brace height and axle to axle
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tla100 View Post
    Strings have 2 small rubber type silencers, not sure brand, look like a small triangle point coming off string on each side.

Peep has the rubber attached from peep to string, I am not a big fan of this and want to change to a peep that is circular and string is split into 3 around the peep. Sorry for not knowing tech term for any of this.

Arrows I got with are carbon Gold Tip HT Hunter 5575, cut @ 26 1/2" where field tip threads into to where knock starts. 27 1/4" from end to end of knock. 100 grain field tips and broadheads. These have the 4" fletching, I bought half dozen of same arrow except they have the short 2" Blazer fletching on.

Hutch, not sure on ATA, BH....Can you dumb it down...heh unless I answered it.

Draw length is around 27 i think, using a F-3 mod, draw weight 55 pounds, all the way cranked. You guys rock.
    Well if you buy an STS,you might not need the string silencers(maybe),and a tubeless peep will gain you a few FPS,lighter arrows will gain some more,but loose KE.I am not a fast bow guy,I like mine more quiet and if I loose speed that the price I will pay.Don't get too hyped up on the speed thing,a quiet bow will kill just as good as a fast one.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

7 brace height and 35 1/4 axle to axle

Post Thanks / Like

Alright here I goFrom the info you gave your roughly at 237 fps,assuming you have GT Expidition arrows and your DL is correct.So if you put an STS on and take off the leeches,put a tubeless peep on,switch arrows to Gold Tip Velocity xt400 with 100gr tip 254 fps,and 80 gr tips to 260 fps.The STS might not make the bow quiet enough,add some cat whiskers.This is all rough calculations using Backcountry Bowhuntiing calculator.Anyone have anything else or I made a mistake feel free to fix.
    Good luck

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Alright here I goFrom the info you gave your roughly at 237 fps,assuming you have GT Expidition arrows and your DL is correct.So if you put an STS on and take off the leeches,put a tubeless peep on,switch arrows to Gold Tip Velocity xt400 with 100gr tip 254 fps,and 80 gr tips to 260 fps.The STS might not make the bow quiet enough,add some cat whiskers.This is all rough calculations using Backcountry Bowhuntiing calculator.Anyone have anything else or I made a mistake feel free to fix.
    Good luck

SL
    Looks like you've got it, only thing I can is if he used 75 gn Muzzys he'd gain 5fps. Want more speed, need more power.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

well thanks for respones again. Not sure if I want to go smaller than 100 grain for killing deer. Maybe stop by bow shop tommorow and see if they have deal on sts and get new peep. At least if I upgrade can take most of the stuff off. Shoots good and like the feel alot.

Quick ? I am looking for bow for the old lady. Craigslist has a youth fred bear setup, sights, release, 7 arrows, stabilizer, quiver, case--granted a youth bow, but setup and ready for $200. Thinking good is price as to what is on it. What u think? Thanks again guys, will do more tweeking. Thank

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tla100 View Post
    well thanks for respones again. Not sure if I want to go smaller than 100 grain for killing deer. Maybe stop by bow shop tommorow and see if they have deal on sts and get new peep. At least if I upgrade can take most of the stuff off. Shoots good and like the feel alot.

Quick ? I am looking for bow for the old lady. Craigslist has a youth fred bear setup, sights, release, 7 arrows, stabilizer, quiver, case--granted a youth bow, but setup and ready for $200. Thinking good is price as to what is on it. What u think? Thanks again guys, will do more tweeking. Thank
    Good luck and keep us posted on how you make out.Enjoy your bow
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Well I picked up a Norway string Tamer G, about the only one available in stock with the front mount, and still use the stabilizer. How close should they be from string to stop? Thanks.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A credit card away is where you start. Then experiment mine works best touching. Some don't.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com