Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sts issue,i think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    You need to use string silencers. I used cat whiskers in the small form. And it doesn't take away that much speed. It does take away the noise. I have the same bow and spent quite a few days to get it quiet. Now it is great to shoot and not here the tuning fork sound.

Hutch
    oh ya string silencers will be going on befor i make any more shots.i just wanted to look around a bit and see whats out ther befor i bought and put on.im trying to get info on stuff befor i buy,insted of my usual ways of buy first ask later.i should be home in a few hours so i will check specs.if all seams to be fine then bow comes to work with me tomorrow and hacking begins...

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried string leeches, super leeches, Bats, you name it but nothing lasts or does as good as whiskers.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I have tried string leeches, super leeches, Bats, you name it but nothing lasts or does as good as whiskers.

Hutch
    with you being a fellow bengal owner i will take you word on it.wiskers it is.

Post Thanks / Like

ok well ata is spot on,brace is spot on.everything is spot on.so now its time to hack it up,the sts that is not the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the whiskers and my string just barely touches the STS and no problems. Only problem I have is the Limbsaver Quads fell off after two shots but they are sending me new pads to see if that takes care of it. Like Hutch said without those on I definitely get a tuning fork vibe, with them not.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    +1 on the whiskers and my string just barely touches the STS and no problems. Only problem I have is the Limbsaver Quads fell off after two shots but they are sending me new pads to see if that takes care of it. Like Hutch said without those on I definitely get a tuning fork vibe, with them not.
    since we perty much have the same dl what mod do you have in?i have the f-4

Post Thanks / Like

It came with the f5 installed and I had it changed to the f4.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings