Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiver Question

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quiver Question

I have recently got back in to bow hunting again after 17 years. I am setting up a new bow. I bought a martin bone hunter, whisker biscuit rest, hitman 3 sight, was debating between the fast 4 quiver or the 2x4. I was told to go with a 2 piece quiver for carbon arrows because of less vibration. I am basicly starting from scratch, shooting release for the first time, and first for carbon arrows too. So I have to reteach my self all over again. But it is definately worth it. Thanks to all.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

the most vibration free quiver I've found is the Alpine sof'lok. I use the 5 arrow. Holds arrows secure and has a rubber mount.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 of the Fast 4's and they are a great quiver.!!!
    I had (have) 2 of the 2x4's and both of them cracked where the pinch bolt clamps the top onto the mounting post after about a month of use.

Martin - - - PLEASE build us a Fast 6 quiver.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    .......Martin - - - PLEASE build us a Fast 6 quiver.!
    I'll second that........definitely would try a Fast 6 if they came out

I current use the Alpine Soft-lock 5 arrow size on my Bengal. It's vibration free as mentioned above and light.
    The mounting bracket is a bit large, not that it really matters much.
    And speaking of mounting bracket, don't smash the quiver into the hillside if you slip in mud as the rubber quiver mounts may rip loose from the screws holding it to the bracket.........not that I would know this from experience
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 of the fast 4 quivers on my bows. I like the fact they are one of the few quivers that will hold a small diameter arrow like I use. I always take the quiver off when shooting though, so basically any quiver is just a good way to haul arrows for me.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Some like a bow mounted quiver some dont...depending on what side of the fence you are standing..will make the choice for you.. If you can Handle the exta weight, balance being a bit off go with the two piece bow mounted. If not then a quick disconect is the ticket for you..... Personaly I use a low bow mounted 2 piece...while My father has a removable type that he cant wait to tear off any chance he gets
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    Some like a bow mounted quiver some dont...depending on what side of the fence you are standing..will make the choice for you.. If you can Handle the exta weight, balance being a bit off go with the two piece bow mounted. If not then a quick disconect is the ticket for you..... Personaly I use a low bow mounted 2 piece...while My father has a removable type that he cant wait to tear off any chance he gets
    True dat!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to all. this has been helpfull. I think i might go with the fast 4, , is it fairly easy to detach?

Post Thanks / Like

Push the button and slide it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Prefer a back quiver stilll, but I do like my Vortex-6 quiver from new dawn archery. Quiet, quick, simple. Yes, a tad bit heavier than your plastic and carbon quivers, but more rugged, and I'm about solid construction and reliability over featherweight and fragile. Can take it off with a flip of a switch when needed, and also there is a cover which encloses all of your arrows whether the quiver is attached to the bow or not; can even sling the quiver with cover over your back or wherever you leave it your arrows will be protected. My brother hates my quiver though, at least that's what he says.. But he's just jealous because he spent twice as much for a different manufacturers quiver (not going to mention any names), and his quiver mount broke (supposedly the strongest if not most important part of a quiver) during installation. You know it's sad but true!!!!!!