Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MOAB Limb Failure - AGAIN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Will the STS previously mounted on the MOAB fit? Any suggestions as far as brands that are compliant with the FC 360? Thanks.
    2011 Firecat 360, 29", 65#, 386 @ 275 fps.

Post Thanks / Like

On my FC400 the lower rod slot is smaller than the upper one where the TRG is mounted. I don't understand the thinking on that? I hope it is just that I am a newbie and don't why?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default aftermarket STS

Just realized there is a seperate mounting "slot" for what I believe is where the older STS would be mounted. Are people using this slot, which appears to be tightend into place via two screws much like the new TRG/SOS system, OR, are some using the rear mounting hole, opposite the stabilizer mounting hole?

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you like the function of the TRG?
    Yes I think it functions well. There are a few users who've had a bit of trouble where the string/cable passes over it, getting a bit frayed, but if you apply plenty of wax to string/cable on such areas, it solves the problem. Additionally, it helps if the string/cable have plenty of twists.

Post Thanks / Like

Will the STS previously mounted on the MOAB fit? Any suggestions as far as brands that are compliant with the FC 360? Thanks.
    No, Moab STS is a no go. I had a PSE Backstop and it works fine. I believe Martin also has one that fits. Also, it will screw into the mounting behind the stab.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gibson787,

Understood. What is that slot/2 screw set in the lower half of the riser? It appears similar to the slot and screw combo that harnesses the TRG. Also, specifically, which models of the brands you mentioned will work as far as the STS is concerned. I'm waiting on a new G5 Expert II rest before I have it tuned. I have everything else good to go.

As far as the TRG, I'll keep the cable/string liberally waxed. But I'm cautious as to how I may add twists. My level of expertise (or lack of expertise) is such that I usually have the proshop find the nock point, adjust the drop-away, etc... I'm gaining confidence, but worry as to not having any practical experience modifying the string on a bow. Thanks.

LMJii

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LMJii View Post
    Thanks Gibson787,

Understood. What is that slot/2 screw set in the lower half of the riser? It appears similar to the slot and screw combo that harnesses the TRG. Also, specifically, which models of the brands you mentioned will work as far as the STS is concerned. I'm waiting on a new G5 Expert II rest before I have it tuned. I have everything else good to go.

As far as the TRG, I'll keep the cable/string liberally waxed. But I'm cautious as to how I may add twists. My level of expertise (or lack of expertise) is such that I usually have the proshop find the nock point, adjust the drop-away, etc... I'm gaining confidence, but worry as to not having any practical experience modifying the string on a bow. Thanks.

LMJii
    The slot/2 screw set is for stab (front) and STS (rear) That's where you can insert the additional STS. I think the PSE Backstop is the particular model. The model being the Backstop. G5 Expert is a good choice in my opinion, I have several. When you have the proshop set your bow up, explain about the TRG possibly fraying string/cable if there's not enough twists in same, and he'll be able to accommodate you I'm sure.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default cracked MOAB limb

I jus had a limb crack on my 2010 MOAB. I took it to the martin dealer and both limbs have been replaced. I hope they used the new solid core limbs for the replacement instead of using full laminates. It makes me nervous that when I dropped it off to get fixed had he had two more martins with cracked limbs. I hope this isn't a pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kneeslider View Post
    I jus had a limb crack on my 2010 MOAB. I took it to the martin dealer and both limbs have been replaced. I hope they used the new solid core limbs for the replacement instead of using full laminates. It makes me nervous that when I dropped it off to get fixed had he had two more martins with cracked limbs. I hope this isn't a pattern.
    Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your problems.))09 and 10 seemed to be a bad year for Martin limbs,you will probably get the new power tough limbs which seemed to be holding their own.So don't worry to much,Martin will fix you up.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X