Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystic specs? and other Mystic questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mystic specs? and other Mystic questions

Ok so I just got my new to me Mystic with the FUrious X system. I dont have a clue what year it is nor did the seller(second hand to him?). Is there a way to tell? I tried to download the maual from Martin but its no longer available. Now for my list of questions:

1: How do I adjust the draw length? I see various holes(7) which do I move the screw to?

2: Whats the specs? Martins website shows multiple specs depending on year. Right now Im at 39 3/4" ATA and 7 9/16 from string to deepest part of grip.

3: Its supposed to max at #55 but maxs at #52. If my ATA is off this would effect my draw weight right?

4: How do I adjust the four different draw stops to get them to hit the string at the same time. My top left(when holding bow like shooting) is hitting a tad before the top right.
    I was told that the strings are new and they definitly look it.(Winners choice)
    Sorry for the long post Im just really anxious to get this sweet bow shooting.
    Last edited by Turkeyflacx2; 03-05-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added info

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome; I know nothing about the specs on your bow, you'll have to wait for one of the experts to come on board for that. As far as your draw weight goes it's pretty close to where it should be. If it's an older bow (unknown year ) and has older string and cables on it they have probably stretched some which could be the reason your short a couple #.

Post Thanks / Like

The specs aren't right on your bow. If you look at the 2008 catalog (on-line) you'll find the Mystic on page 18. If the bow has a sticker on the bottom limb the first two #'s of the erial number indicate the year of manufacture.

The a2a of the bow should be 40" and the brace height should be 7 1/4".
    Tis is just an educated guess at this point but I'll bet the string is either twisted uo or just short by maybe 1/2". This would account for all the symptoms you are encountering.

As for the one cable hitting before the other it might be that the cables need tweaked. You don't adjust the stops, as you are calling them. I think you're referring to the cam modules. They are used to set draw length. However, it's possibly that if one cable is slightly longer than the other the cables might not hit the flat part of the module at the same time. If this is the case then you should be able to see some cam lean.

Now I'll quit and defer to the real "X" gurus. They would be Scepterman30 and Copterdoc. Let's see if they are on the ball.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

OK now Im really confused. I just got off the phone with a guy from AT that had a Mystic and he said go by the '09 specs of 40.25. He was very helpful in explaining some tuning on it though. I now know that its an '08.

Post Thanks / Like

some of the bow spec charts were a mis print... trust Barry and this forum.. they wont give bad info
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Elkslayer is spot on.if you need martin facts and info trust in this forum.i have learnd more her then i would anyware else.these guys will get you on the right path.i my self would be lost with out the help of everyone on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse my ignorance guys this is only my second modern bow. Im used to the ease of tuning my Guardian. Im just afraid of screwing it up so bad it will shoot around corners. It looks as though it has allen screws to lock the limbs on the side of the riser for weight adjustment. Not sure what you call em. How much do I loosen them to adjust the draw? Or can I just a turn away like my Bowtech?

Post Thanks / Like

to adjust your draw weight you will turn the limb bolt on the top and bottom of your limb.per 1 complet turn gives you 3 pounds.and vice versa.rember to keep your turn or turns even.make a mark on the limb bolt so you know when you have made a complet turn.do not tightin all the way down.as in completly snug.you want to see a bit of light inbetween the riser and limb
    Last edited by gravedigger; 03-05-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

BFisher your right my string does look twisted up quite a bit compared to all of the cables. My question is should I just start from scratch and untwist everything or can I just untwist the string? Do I have to pull the axle to get the string off the post or are you able to finangle it off through the hole in the mods? If I just untwist the string wouldnt I have to untwist the cables a bit so theres proper tension on the string?

Post Thanks / Like

You are aware that you will NOT need a bow press to remove your string and cables, right? Just back the limb bolts out until you can see light thru the barrel nut in the riser, at that point you'll be able to remove string and cables. Just making sure that you knew that.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade