Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystic specs? and other Mystic questions

Post Thanks / Like

Yup Elkslayer I was aware of that. Its one of the reasons I bought it. My other bow doesnt need a press either. Im amazed at what a work of art this thing is.Flawless!
    '08 Bowtech Guardian- QAD Pro HD-Spot Hogg Boss Hogg!-POSTEN Stabilizers- Wallace Brook Archery Strings
    '08 Martin Mystic Furious X-Toxonics sight with Spot Hogg scope-TTSpringSteel rest-POSTEN Stabilizers-Winners Choice strings

Post Thanks / Like

One more question for now. I just noticed when backing out the limb bolts that I only have the really wide axles on the top and not the bottom. Is that right?
    '08 Bowtech Guardian- QAD Pro HD-Spot Hogg Boss Hogg!-POSTEN Stabilizers- Wallace Brook Archery Strings
    '08 Martin Mystic Furious X-Toxonics sight with Spot Hogg scope-TTSpringSteel rest-POSTEN Stabilizers-Winners Choice strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyflacx2 View Post
    BFisher your right my string does look twisted up quite a bit compared to all of the cables. My question is should I just start from scratch and untwist everything or can I just untwist the string? Do I have to pull the axle to get the string off the post or are you able to finangle it off through the hole in the mods? If I just untwist the string wouldnt I have to untwist the cables a bit so theres proper tension on the string?
    For now I would just take some twists out of the string and see what happens. When the cables are left along and the string is twisted it does a few things. It shortens the draw length and it decreases the draw weight range of the bow. It also shortens the a2a and raises the brace height. So untwisting the string should do the opposite.

Something else you can do is measure the a2a on both sides of the limbs. They should be exactly the same if the cables are twisted evenly.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyflacx2 View Post
    One more question for now. I just noticed when backing out the limb bolts that I only have the really wide axles on the top and not the bottom. Is that right?
    MIne are the oppisite, wide axle on bottom. The idea behind the one wide axle is to seperate the cables where they meet, reducing wear and tear. What it does do is you give more vibrating cables, Keeping the cables well waxed is a better answer, quieter.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    MIne are the oppisite, wide axle on bottom. The idea behind the one wide axle is to seperate the cables where they meet, reducing wear and tear. What it does do is you give more vibrating cables, Keeping the cables well waxed is a better answer, quieter.
    Is there a problem with mine being on top,should I change it? I untwisted my string a bunch and now am at 39 15/16"ATA. My brace is at 7 1/2". Untwisting the string definitly helped the ATA but the brace is still long which is weird. You would think since my ATA is only a 1/16 off then my brace would be the same(at least thats my thinking). My weight actually went down one pound to a #51max on a #55 bow.