Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Building a new string jig?

  1. #21
    SonnyThomas
    Guest

    Default Building a new string jig?

    27?!!!! Lord! Well, when 35 I was called a pup. Between 35 and 55 I was sort of in between stages, I guess. Once in the Senior division was called just old. Then somewhere between then and now, 62, I acquired Old Man stage. Now according to Carlso 68 is Old Geezer class.

    But preception comes in. At first I thought they were talking about moisture, rain, but preception at this stage is just how old you feel, I guess. My motorcycle, bronc stomped body sort of doesn't want to get going after a good night sleep or is it broke and repaired parts take longer to wake up? I think I've slowed down a bit. Used to be I'd kick King Kong's and Godzilla's butts twice each on Sunday morning. Now I take on one or the other on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

  2. #22
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    27?!!!! Lord! Well, when 35 I was called a pup. Between 35 and 55 I was sort of in between stages, I guess. Once in the Senior division was called just old. Then somewhere between then and now, 62, I acquired Old Man stage. Now according to Carlso 68 is Old Geezer class.

    But preception comes in. At first I thought they were talking about moisture, rain, but preception at this stage is just how old you feel, I guess. My motorcycle, bronc stomped body sort of doesn't want to get going after a good night sleep or is it broke and repaired parts take longer to wake up? I think I've slowed down a bit. Used to be I'd kick King Kong's and Godzilla's butts twice each on Sunday morning. Now I take on one or the other on Saturday and the other on Sunday.
    62 is the new 40man i run cemetery been doing it for 8 years and people are living longer and longer.so believe me when i say.your still young.

  3. #23
    Senior Member alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I didn't think that your nickname here is so meaningful.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

  4. #24
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I didn't think that your nickname here is so meaningful.
    yep its true through and through.im a one man show at a 10 acre cemetery.im the office manager.i take care of funerals,all sales,digging graves,all grounds keeping,night watch on drunkin hollidays,to keep it shor anything and everything that has to do with cemetery and equipment repair i do it all.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Ehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southeast Kansas
    Posts
    1,773
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And I figured he was just a fan of Monster Trucks. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

    Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

  6. #26
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    And I figured he was just a fan of Monster Trucks. lol
    lol...i get that so much.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Okay - thats it!
    I've been thinking about moving to Oregon.
    The people that run the cemetary here blow.
    I so have to work on my retirement plan somemore.

  8. #28
    Senior Member alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    yep its true through and through.im a one man show at a 10 acre cemetery.im the office manager.i take care of funerals,all sales,digging graves,all grounds keeping,night watch on drunkin hollidays,to keep it shor anything and everything that has to do with cemetery and equipment repair i do it all.
    Sounds like a lot of work.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

  9. #29
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Sounds like a lot of work.
    it is.but im helping people with the last help a person will need.and really i get to work outside,im my own boss(perty much)i tell my self what to do.and my cemetery looks great.on a hill.view of most of the mountians in oregon,its great.ya know the trick to being a gravedigger is no emotional envolvement..and beer,bows,wheeling camping ect...bad thing is im on call 24-7.i have not had a real vacation in 5+ years.allways have to be able to get cell service when im hunting,have to check my phone twice a day.if there is a funeral then its pull up camp and get to work.thats life.

  10. #30
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Half way done on the string jig. Now some of the tough work next. Drilling and grinding. I just keep telling myself it is worth it. Ya ya that's it.


    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •