Thread: What kind of trail cam do you use?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What kind of trail cam do you use?

What kind of trail cams are you guys using?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I've got a pair of Wildview ll's. 2 mega pixel, 4 second trip time, 30 ft flash, has 3 resolution settings low, lower and is this thing on? Paid about $30 ea, 2-3 years back. Way better stuff out now , 1 second trip times, 40ft flash, more internal memory, longer run time ( up to 6 months ) on smaller batteries, 4 AA's. Several to choose from under a C note.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I use a bushnell trophy camera with color viewer. This thing is awesome! Though i only use it in my backyard because i don;t want anyone to steal it.
    Last edited by martinbowhunter; 03-08-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bushnell Trophy Cam also, but no color viewfinder. Day and night photos very clear.
    Ray from Auburn
    2011 Mathews Z7 w/QAD
    2011 Bear Strike Blackout w/QAD
    2011 Bowtech Assassin w/QAD
    2010 Elite Z28 w/QAD
    Carbon Express Maximas
    100gr Thunderheads
    100gr Tru-fire switchblades
    100gr Cabelas CopperHeads

Post Thanks / Like

Default bushnell trophy cam

I have a bushnell trophy cam and a wildgame cam 4.0.Both take great pics but I get way better battery life out of the bushnell.

Post Thanks / Like

2 Moultrie D-50 5 mp.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Remington Ghost 5.0 mp, dual flash and infared for night time use, 2 gb memory card. It has been a pretty good camera but don't be cheap on batteries because they get used up quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of moultrie digital game camera 100, its showing its wear,but still takes good pics.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a few of them
    wildview ez-cam 1.3m: it has flash and all fixed settings, but for what it is i love it had it almost a year no problems pat 65.00 at dicks

remington ghost 5.0: infrared or white flash(never used white)pictures are usually pretty clear color a little faded. ive got a few nice bucks on this one paid 75.00 10 months ago

wgi ir4: wasnt a bad camera until a bear attacked it, now the pics are a little blurry and the bat. life sucks. paid 100.00 10 months ago

wgi s2: 2.0 m flash camera with video and daylight only settings. used it once and the batteries died after one day called customer service they said i have a faulty camera and send it back for replacement. in the process of doin that right nowpaid 60.00 a month ago

wgi ir3c: 3.0m infrared fixed settings no video. I absolutely love this little camera. it has a respectable trigger speed, decent battery life, and for 3.0 megapixels really clear pictures. i just wish it had a delay time shorter than one minute, or took multiple pics at once. but by far my fav. camera paid 80.00 in july now there on sale for 69.99 at dicks.

i am a game camera "nut" i keep them going all year long but i only use 1or2 once the season starts so that im not scenting up my area allthe time. I really want one of those trophy cams, they say they will last all year on 12 AA bat. i dont know if that is true but the most i get is like 2 weeks, even though the wgi cameras advertise a month. i just really cant afford to spend that much money on one camera. i probobly should, with all the batteries i buy, but every time i save the money to get one i always leave the store with something else!!! i also hear over on www.chasingame.com that the wgi ir6c is a pretty good one. all of my cameras are either black or grey, but i get a roll of that camo tape and make them camo. i also put a couple pieces of black electrical tape over the l.e.d. indicator lights im not sure if this mkes alot of difference but it hides the camera from thieves a little better at night. i try to only check them in the rain if i can. it is not legal to feed the deer in my state so i put just a little bit of scent, like vanilla or anise or some thing like that just to get them to stop and pose for the picture. i rambled on a little but like i said i love using my cams
    2010 Firecat Tr1, tru-glo microbrite, NAP Apache, X-coil Beman ics 400