Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Bengal new guy issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Bengal new guy issues

Hi all, just became a new Martin owner & also new to forum. Purchased a 2010 Bengal and am concerned w what appears to be a crack in the camo finish at the connection point of the riser by the Bengal logo. The crack appears cosmetic but my old ears tell me the bow is a bit louder than new. Is it possible the two are related? Roughly 200 shots since new,and it is a tac driver. Very consistent tight groups. Basic silencer treatment, string silencers from Martin, sims limbsavers and stabilizer etc. The noise sounds mechanical more than string related. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks for any help.
    Chasman

Post Thanks / Like

If you can, post a picture. This will help us figure out the problem.
    Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely what you are seeing is cosmetic, sounds like you are talking about a joint in the 3 piece riser.

Possibly the noise is from something coming loose, check and make sure all allen bolts/screws are tight. Some people like to use loctite to keep them from loosening up. Sometimes the bow just seems loud to the shooter when it isn't.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

for sure post some pics,and it very well could be just a mind trick.i got a 2010 bengal and i think it louder then it should be but its not.ive shot side by side with other new martins and it was all in my head.welcom to the forum

Post Thanks / Like

Smile 2010 Bengal issue

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll try a photo but am not sure it will show up..if it doesn't I won't post...it is definitely what I would call a hairline crack. I also would say it is at the top joint in the riser as the finish is cracked totally around the circumference of the offset where it says BENGAL. Hopefully it is just cosmetic but now I have to track down why the bow is so loud. I own a couple other bows and when I shoot them one after another the mechanical loudness of my Bengal is evident. I'll try to get some other ears on the matter for their input during the next shooting opportunity. Could it be a cam issue?
    Chasman

Post Thanks / Like

Is the bow within specs? What kind of noise? That have the sts on it? The 2010's didn't have the best strings on them, and has most likely streched out of specs by now, which would make it louder than it used to be.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Bengal issue

ATA and brace are right on. I purchased a string suppressor from Martin after I had the bow a couple days. When I installed on bow it helped w string vibes and had no negative affect on accuracy. I stayed w original cable slide rod. The noise is difficult to explain but it does not sound like your typical string generated twang...its' more mechanical almost with a light clank???
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple STICKIES at the top of the Tech Forum page that explain how to resize and post pics.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loud noise

I have that same problem with my 2010 bengal. And from what i can tell its the cable slide on the arm Thats where i hear most of my noise cause its directly in front of my ear. It almost sounds like the of a metal screen door slamming shut.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Try tightening the screws that hold the cable rod bracket in place. The screws could have worked loose and allow the bracket/rod to rattle at the shot but it will still appear tight because of the side tension created by the cables.

Advantage Custom Strings