Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Bengal new guy issues

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! I have a 2010 Bengal and making it quiet is not an issue. The cam is the first thing to check to see if it is over or under clocked. Once the cam and all the specs are right on the bow, it will shoot as it is suppose to. Then adjust the STS a 1/16 of an inch from the string. Then experiment, mine is the most quiet when touching. After that make sure you have a heavy enough arrow. Also put limb savers on the limbs. And last cat whiskers on the string. And as far as a crack in the riser take it back to the shop and Martin Cs will take care of it.

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 03-09-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! I definitely agree with these guys the fracture you are looking at is where the top part of the riser attatches I have a 2010 bone hunter and it is pretty much the same bow and I also have that seem. Just cosmetic. As for the loudness I put on limbsavers on the limbs put the cat whiskers on the string and threw on an x coil and it quieted right down.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Bengal Issues

Thanks again to all for the great input. I've been busy trying to work on my bow and keep the bosses happy. Here is the update...BigRedHunter00 that is a great description of the noise. I tried a dampner on the rod and changed the slide. I believe the noise pitch changed some but can still be heard.

Hutch can you give me a little more input on the cam. The gap between cam lobe and string measures appx.3/8". What else should I check?
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 bengal issues

Hutch...just saw the pics and discussion between you and gravedigger. Is this what I'm to be looking for?
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    Hutch...just saw the pics and discussion between you and gravedigger. Is this what I'm to be looking for?
    for cam timeing yes.and the pic i posted of a straight on view is for cam lean.i have some slight lean but i will coreck by twisting the cabel.the lean is caused by the ccs.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile 2010 Bengal issue resolved

OK here's the scoop. After checking out the cam and specs as advised, I noticed the string in the top idler cam leaning way to one side. I adjusted the yolk of the cable by a couple of twists on the right side of the "Y" and it pulled the string into a much better trac on the wheel. Added string leaches to string and moved the Martin ones to the strings passing thru the cable slide. Noise is gone...Thanks to everyone. What a wealth of knowledge for us new Martin guys to tap.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    OK here's the scoop. After checking out the cam and specs as advised, I noticed the string in the top idler cam leaning way to one side. I adjusted the yolk of the cable by a couple of twists on the right side of the "Y" and it pulled the string into a much better trac on the wheel. Added string leaches to string and moved the Martin ones to the strings passing thru the cable slide. Noise is gone...Thanks to everyone. What a wealth of knowledge for us new Martin guys to tap.
    stick around. It's a fun place to learn. Glad to have ya.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340