Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Off topic thread

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard it a minute ago.

Nuclear meltdown.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how the Japanese were allowed to build so many nuclear plants in such a dangerous area. And they are the people who first on Earth understood how really terrifying the nuclear power is.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody can thell them they can't.

Japan's problem is they area small Island country with a large population and limited natural resources. Here in the US we have hydroelectric power and burn a lot of coal to generate electricity.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I wonder how the Japanese were allowed to build so many nuclear plants in such a dangerous area. And they are the people who first on Earth understood how really terrifying the nuclear power is.
    Well...

They have the largest cities, they have a really high energy consumption and the whole country is around a dangerous area. They need to build nuclear plants or invest in future technology. Japan decided to rely on the older technology instead anything else (beside the fact that Japan has no really choice. They need power, they have no ressources to burn in their own country).
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Too long we have tought only about our "needs", but when the Nature decides that it doesn't need us anymore we won't be able to do anything .... unless Hollywood of course - they'll solve the problem using nuclear bombs
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Too long we have tought only about our "needs", but when the Nature decides that it doesn't need us anymore we won't be able to do anything .... unless Hollywood of course - they'll solve the problem using nuclear bombs
    That is always an option! ._.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Local Tsunami update

Hwy 1 at Little River Calif was closed most of yesterday due to the tsunami. Open now, and no damage, just a scare. The red line is where the wave reached, the green line is normal high tide line. Notice in the upper right the red arrow, that's the Hwy 1 Little River bridge.

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 03-12-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well es4x5, I am glad you guys are all right. It could have been worse and at least you and you son are ok.
    Can't imagine how it is over at japan.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Must be total chaos. Two Marines and a Sailor in the family in Japan and and a grand nephew who is working in Japan for the Navy.
    Hey ES, tell the wife that the huge pile of heavy gravel in the center is loaded with freshley tumbled and polised bit of abalone shell, a veritable beader's paradice ! For those who don't know what an abalone shell looks like, here's one that borders my planters. To be legal to take , the red abalone must be 7 inch in length, this one is 8 3/4"

For comaprison here's that 8 3/4" along with one of my largest, 9 7/8" one of two I picked on same free dive.

The pair of 9 7/8 abs, a pup and a nice scallop, that's a logging train brake key below

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

That's a big snail, do you eat them? I know some are used for food, wondering about the big ones.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba