Thread: New Bow or upgrade current one??

Ceceal

Default New Bow or upgrade current one??

Current bow:

2006 Bengal
    -Limb saver stabilizer
    -Whisker Biscuit rest
    -Impact Archery pendulum sight (bravo)

Nothing fancy I know, been the same since I bought it...So I can either spend a couple hundred on new accessories, or break the bank and buy a new bow and use the accessories I already have. I've never had problems out of my Bengal, but like most archers I'm just itching for something new after using my starter for the last 5 years.

What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like

I would upgrade. Not that there is anything wrong with your old setup.
    You are comfortable with it and it works for you - so there is no urgency.
    Keep saving up your money for a new rig and go out and shoot all the bows you can get your hands on.
    One of them will pick you - then your set.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ceceal View Post
    Current bow:

2006 Bengal
    -Limb saver stabilizer
    -Whisker Biscuit rest
    -Impact Archery pendulum sight (bravo)

I'm just itching for something new after using my starter for the last 5 years.
    Scratch it , if you've got a new bow on the brain that's all that will fill the gap. Trust me on this, you may not like the new one but won't be happy till you try it. Been there-done that with another brand, and about to again with a Martin.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a thirst that MUST be quenched. A smolder waiting to burst into flames. Shoot many bows til that one bow unites and bonds with your soul.then you have been chosen. Wow! I need to sleep! Goodnight
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Ceceal

Indeed I feel fine shooting my current bow, but I haven't owned or shot many others to compare it to. I did shoot a friends Mission but couldn't get a real feel for it since his draw is 2 1/2 inches shorter than mine, and I pretty much stood against the target to prevent arrow loss.
    I think I've decided on getting a new bow (pending the fact I find THE One) Since I am free day tomorrow, I plan on going to the local bow shops and spending most my day there (We only have two around here, a Martin dealer and a Mathews dealer.) I'll go with what fits me best whether its a Firecat, Z7, or even a Barnett Li'l Banshee Jr. hahaha

If I come home with one, pictures will follow

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you, I'd probably be looking at a new sight. it'd scratch that itch and can be moved to the new bow when you finally have to scratch that itch
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Ceceal

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    If I were you, I'd probably be looking at a new sight. it'd scratch that itch and can be moved to the new bow when you finally have to scratch that itch

I've bought new sights over the years, including one less than 7 months ago. Had it on my bow for less than a week and went back to the trusty pendulum.
    I won't change my sight in any case. It's like old reliable, never let me down before.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy another and save the Bengal for a back up.I have been saying that the last few year and now I have five
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X