Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I Found A Silencer But.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default So I Found A Silencer But.....

Okay, I found a Silencer for what I think is a good price. I like the Silencer because it is Fire Cat 400 performance for significantly less money ($130). Now I have to decide if I want to wait 3 weeks to get a black one.

I wanted to support the local guy but every time I mention a bow he doesn't have in stock he just doesn't seem receptive. He wants to sell me something he has, not get me what I want such as a Silencer. He pretty well talks down any Gold line bow (even though he has an Exile) and wants to sell the Pro series. Fine, he can make more money on a Pro and it is exclusive to Pro dealers, he just will have to make his money elsewhere.

I have already read the Martin manual on setting up a bow. I have downloaded but not read all of "The Nuts and Bolts of Archery" from AT. I think setting up a bow is well within my capabilities as I tinker with most anything I own. I don't pay to have anything done I can do myself unless it is advantageous to me (as I get older I value my time more)! This would take time but I think it will be enjoyable and I will learn from it.

I know I can always cave and bring it to him to tune if I can't figure it out, but he will make me pay dearly. Am I biting off more than I can chew or is it relatively simple as it seems?

If any dealers here can get a black Silencer to my door for the same price I would certainly consider supporting you. This would probably be best to handle by PM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at the Silencer(in black, too) but decided to wait till next year; also want to wait and see how the new sting stop/cable guard work out.

If the dealer doesn't want to make the order, that's his loss. With forums like this and AT you can find all the info you need to do your own work, not only for the enjoyment but satisfaction of being self sufficient. The other advantage is less down/wait time, especially during the busy season.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJJ View Post
    If the dealer doesn't want to make the order, that's his loss. With forums like this and AT you can find all the info you need to do your own work, not only for the enjoyment but satisfaction of being self sufficient. The other advantage is less down/wait time, especially during the busy season.
    yep who need a shop that try's to force a sale....when he could make so much more in the long run, if he had just got you your Bow.. there is a new Sticky.. send a pm to one of those guys...

with that N& B info and this place you will be fine. get the bow you want..how ever you need to ...even if it is off AT
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    yep who need a shop that try's to force a sale....when he could make so much more in the long run, if he had just got you your Bow.. there is a new Sticky.. send a pm to one of those guys...

with that N& B info and this place you will be fine. get the bow you want..how ever you need to ...even if it is off AT
    ES makes a good point, I'm sure the dealers in the above sticky would be glad to get which ever bow you wanted. And you won't have to deal with some arrogant shop owner who only wants to sell what he makes the most off of.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

PM has been sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Go with it!

I just bought a new Silencer in December (camo). I've been tinkering with it for the past month or so as I had time. It is very easy to tune. Cam timing and synch, and just finished broadhead tuning last night. The bow is very easy to work with and if you need help, like I did, there are several of the guys that will get you going straight. (THANKS FELLAS). As for the TRG and string wear. I keep my strings very well waxed up, especially in that area, and I have NO WEAR to the strings. I have wax build up that clumps along that area of the string. I have found that rubbing with fingers, you rework the wax back into the string. I've been using the real slippery Bohning wax by the TRG and regular Allen wax on the rest of the string. I made the mistake of using the real slick stuff around my serving for my peep and the serving wouldn't stay put. I don't think you can go wrong with the Silencer and I know that you'll get all the help and info you need in tuning hear from the guys. AGAIN thank Brem, Doc, Archer, Arrow splitter, Hutch and any others that I may have forgotten.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Forgot to add that I've got 2000-2500 arrows thru mine so far.

LOVE IT
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

MudPig

I will be in contact if I get a Silencer. I have been looking for a used bow but I never find what I'm interested in or I am too slow to get it. Spring turkey is soon upon me and I will probably not get a chance to get everything set up and tuned in. Not just the bow but me too! Anyway, I am in contact with a couple dealers and I am pretty sure I see a new bow in my future.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

MLN, Yes, if you end up with a Silencer I can help get you set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    MudPig

I will be in contact if I get a Silencer. I have been looking for a used bow but I never find what I'm interested in or I am too slow to get it. Spring turkey is soon upon me and I will probably not get a chance to get everything set up and tuned in. Not just the bow but me too! Anyway, I am in contact with a couple dealers and I am pretty sure I see a new bow in my future.
    Good luck in your quest,hope you get what your looking for.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X