Thread: rytera questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default rytera questions

Went to my local martin dealer ( for now ) who will be droping the line as of this year. He has two ryteras that are new 2010's, one an alien x and a nemesis. I was actually looking for a black bow and both of these were camo but if a good deal I would get over it. I wasn't thrilled with the alien's grip. Could see serious finger damage happening. Anyway, he said he would let either one go for 550. Don't know if this is a good price for these or not. What do you guys think? I tryed going around online looking for prices but was only able to find used bows. As I was looking at some of the bows I was reading about an upgrade for cams for the rytera's. They are called elite envy cams. Where did these come from? Are they something you can order from martin direct? What is the reason for this cam change? Anyway, was thinking about maybe adding on but would like to be alittle more educated about these before I spend alot of money. thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Elite Archery used to make a bow called the Envy. I suppose you could change to those cams, but don't see the need; Ryteras are pretty fast. Maybe someone else knows more.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

550.00 is a good price for either, but a better price on the Nemesis. Not quite sure what you mean about the AX grip causing finger damage though......

The Elite cam change isn't an upgrade, the Hybrix cams have a little better draw cycle and speed than the Elite cams. What you are seeing is called Frankenbows......when someone has a lot of different parts from different manufacturers and they combine a riser/limbs from company A with limbs/cams from company B and end up with something that either shoots good or not so good.

Either way, its usually best to stay away from bows that are built from parts from different manufacturers unless you are equipped and able to work on your own bows as some combinations can be difficult at best to tune and your local shop may not want to touch it.

Advantage Custom Strings