Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 firecat tr1 ATA length!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me clarify the factory specs on the 2007 were 32" ATA and the 2010 was 32-1/4. When I received the 2010 the specs were wrong. They twisted my string too much and it was under 32"(specs 32-1/4). That is too much pre-load. My bow is not the only one that was like that in that year there were many. The strings were terrible and they twisted some too much and others too little. Just look at the cam timing on martinhunter's. This was typical to see in pulling them out of the box. It is simple just untwist the string to its specified length and the same with the cable. Then adjust accordingly. That is what I did with mine. And now the specs are all the same as factory. The bow preforms quiet, fast, and properly.

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 03-13-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting thread. Will be calling my dealer tomorrow since today is Sunday and he's closed.

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody knows what happened at the factory, maybe the strings and cables weren't made the correct length and they just assembled them as is. If they were taking the time to add/remove twists, you would think the bow would come from the factory in spec. I guess that's why I learned to just put an aftermarket string on new bows.

Obviously there have been some QC issues with the string, hopefully the new Hammerheads resolve the problems.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, very interesting thread.

I just got my 2010 Firecat TR1 setup and shot it for the first time. Wow! It's a HUGE improvement over my old Browning round wheel bow. I really like the Firecat. Fast and smooth. I have been concerned about the string since I got it, though.

I just measured my ATA, and it's also 32.0". What is the consensus about this? Should the ATA be 32.5" like the brochure claims or were the specs wrong in the brochure? It sounds like the Helix strings that came with these are not good.

I am going to order a new string and cable. What is the correct length for these assuming my factory Helix strings are incorrect? I don't want to pull a measurement off the original string if it is not correct in the first place. I am leaning towards Extreme Bowstrings.

Thanks.

*EDIT: I found the string/cable length on Martin's Tech Page http://www.martinarchery.com/2010web/tech2010.php
    Last edited by Feathers; 03-30-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Why was my post deleted about calling martin about this......
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Why was my post deleted about calling martin about this......
    I wish I could have read it. What did you find out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    I wish I could have read it. What did you find out?
    I was told it was fine at 32" ata that the bow's cam timing,rotaion was tuned to that length,i was told to leave it alone,no need to mess with it.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    I was told it was fine at 32" ata that the bow's cam timing,rotaion was tuned to that length,i was told to leave it alone,no need to mess with it.
    Thanks.

I am still going to put a better string on it, but it's good to know that it's not all out of spec.