Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally shooting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally shooting

I finally took out the cheetah and sighted in my 20yd pin. Christ is this thing fast lol. One thing I found out for sure is I have to get a larger peep.Other than that It shoots pretty good,Vertical flight was good but arrows were tail left- took most of it out but I'll paper tune it this week and then set my 30 and 40 yd ranges. The apex sight it came with is a little bit of a pain to adjust but once I set it hopfully that will be it for a while

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Glad to hear.Must have been nice all over,had mine out this week-end and sure felt good shooting again.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. I suggest you try to correct the fishtail by adjusting the yoke better instead of compensating for it by adjusting the rest. Try to get the idler parallel with the cam and string; bear in mind the cam is offset a little while the idler is in the middle of the limb.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

Thks capt. I guess twisting one side of the yoke cable as i did last night is the way to go, When would twisting be too much? or can you twist until it pulls the idler over all the way? Like I said last night at full draw its straight but rest i can go about another 1/4" Thks

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rpalt1 View Post
    I finally took out the cheetah and sighted in my 20yd pin. Christ is this thing fast lol. One thing I found out for sure is I have to get a larger peep.Other than that It shoots pretty good,Vertical flight was good but arrows were tail left- took most of it out but I'll paper tune it this week and then set my 30 and 40 yd ranges. The apex sight it came with is a little bit of a pain to adjust but once I set it hopfully that will be it for a while
    I bet it felt good to be shooting I have 3 lanes of shooting down stairs and haven't been able to. Still building a new string jig! Glad to see you got out rpalt1

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hutch It was a trip to pick up a bow after all these years. I sure fell it in my shoulder tonite lol I have to get back into shooting shape.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here its going to seem like years before I ever get to shoot again, if I ever get the jig done.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

JUst tell arrow splitter the computer's broke and that he has to help with the jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rpalt1 View Post
    JUst tell arrow splitter the computer's broke and that he has to help with the jig.
    yea hide his laptop or what ever he is play them games on..

I have been shooting as much as i can, thunder chickens are calling to me
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Seems that the old club has finally got themselves an outdoor field range, so I went down to rejoin and shoot a field round. 15 minutes into trip of 70+ miles, radio tells me time change was last night. Managed to get there one target after they started, last group was large, so they moved me up to a two some, so only had to double one target, only have 14, but put field and hunter target on each butt. Shot ok, sub par but am blaming late start and new terrain. Starting raing as we shot the last target, the 80 yd wu. By the time I got within 17 miles from home, the last down pour had stoped as I gained on a car, which seeing me comming, pulled over, and as I swung wide, rear tire hit reftector, and broke traction, I was doing 35ish as I began hydro plannind and drifting into upcomming curve, truck does 180 now I'm headed backwards towards the Navarro River, I'm slowing down pretty well watching a small Alder that I headed for, until I hit the roadside grass, and slid past the alder. I am almost stoped when the back gives way, and I slowely slide down the 20+ river back and into the river, time enought to watch the passenger side morror mount get broken off, and to recall every guys going into rivers movie I've every seen and to roll down my window! Truck came to stop with back wheels to the hubs in the river, and an 8 inch alder up against the heavy duty lumber rack. I stomp on e brake and put it in 1st gear, turned it off. Opened the door got out
    Kodos to towtruck guys, pick her right on up outta there. I broke a tail light dented rocker panel, small 'popable' dent below passenger side. Got back on pavement , towtruck kid starts it up and drived aroung corner, and returns and give the the thumbs up! She's drivable, not a thing wrong, other that whats mentioned above
    Remember what I said at Broadheadtalk about truck repair? My turn. red line outline the alder. When they pulled ole Maude up outta the river, that tree moved back a foot or more. All in all, had a pretty good day. I'm fine.

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade