Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: little upset with my firecat

Post Thanks / Like

Default little upset with my firecat

So i got the new firecat 400 and shot the hell out of it and ended up with the cams that got shipped with a bur and cut the servings up and marting was great about getting me new cams even let me pay the difference for a set of cloaked cams. now i have the new strings and cams and was under the impression that they were going to put a serving around the cables were it contacts the sos trg thingy but they didnt. and my old strings were already starting to fray really bad after only one round of paper leagues. im gonna be pissed if i have to buy a new set of string every 3 months. i love the bow and it shoots fantastic but if its gonna nickel and dime me to death ill have to spring for a different brand.

Post Thanks / Like

yuor strin should be under warente.call martin cs an find out..

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your cam issue, glad they got you fixed up though. The cables should not be served where they pass through the TRG as the serving will wear the TRG. There are several members on here that have a lot of shots on their TRG equipped bows with no problems or signs of cable wear. My own Onza has no signs of wear on the inner cable and just a slight discoloration on the outer cable after 100's of shots. The only thing I do is keep the cables waxed in the contact area.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your cam problems. I had the same thing on my FC400, but caught it early enough it didn't so any real damage. I have well over 1000 shots on my FC400, and the cables are in fine shape. You just have to keep them very well waxed where they pass through the TRG system. I like a teflon based wax, or especially the new Bohning string conditioner. Only thing that shows up is a little wax buildup. The Bohning stuff is much slicker than any other wax I have seen. I just rub a little in every 150 shots or so.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I like a teflon based wax, or especially the new Bohning string conditioner. Only thing that shows up is a little wax buildup. [I]The Bohning stuff is much slicker than any other wax I have seen.[/I] I just rub a little in every 150 shots or so.
    Which type? I see seal-tite, tex-tite, xccelerator
    Firecat 400

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe he's talking about Xcellerator. Has the teflon in it I think. Just don't pick it up by mistake thinking it's chapstick...yukky!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

my old cables are pretty much trashed. frayed really bad. ill start waxing it before every league. ive got wax not sure as to brand but ill order up some of that excellerator stuff. and does anyone know the timing marks on these cams?

Post Thanks / Like

i like black lightning-for dark trin or white lightning lighter color string its a string conditioner with graphite and silicone

Post Thanks / Like

who makes it?

Post Thanks / Like

dont know if you asking me or not but just black lighting made in the good old u.s.a....pro release inc....prorelease.com