Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey guys with the hammer head strings!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey guys with the hammer head strings!

How do you guys like the hammerhead strings? Reason I ask I am going to place an order for string material. And the hammerhead strings are made out of trophy. Which is basically 452x with a material called gore. That is the material most of the builders are using now. Plus 452x of course. So let me know how you like those strings.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey hutch! My girlfriend's bow has hammerhead string's on it and i think those srings(from what i can tell) are awesome. She has no peep rotation problems no wear and she must have atleast a 1000 shots with it. Did the break in with a couple hundred shot's with the tube in peep then switched to the tubeless peep's and she hasn't had a bit of peep rotation problems with it. It sit's perfect when the bow is at rest and its stay's perfect during the draw and while at full draw still perfect. Can't say that about my older (09) martin bow string. And hutch, if your are gonna be ordering this material......I'll take a set please. P.m me the info i need so i can pay you alreadyDon't wanna be at the end of the line.

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy who just pickd up a exile has the hh string and after about 100 shots or so he is getting peep rotation.i my self have not had them so take it as you will

Post Thanks / Like

Only 100 shots but am having a bit of rotation myself.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    Only 100 shots but am having a bit of rotation myself.
    That is because the string wasn't stretched enough.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Figure I need another 100 then will take it back in and get it adjusted if necessary.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Figure I need another 100 then will take it back in and get it adjusted if necessary.
    After it settles, all you have to do it twist the string a couple times and it shouldn't move again.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so because that's the only gripe I have. Grouping great but having to cock my head at times to see thru the peep is frustrating to sat the least. As you already know I really like this set up.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so because that's the only gripe I have. Grouping great but having to cock my head at times to see thru the peep is frustrating to sat the least. As you already know I really like this set up.
    When they are mass producing strings they are bound to have a few that didn't get stretched to 300 to 350 pounds long enough. Also Brad have you tried to turn your d loop to train your peep?

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

No problems after many hundreds of shots, but I don't use a peep, so can't help ya there.