Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Hey guys with the hammer head strings!

  1. #41
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Ha,that would be good for a laugh though
    i know what you got...but im not saying..........

  2. #42
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    (Chartruese green)/black
    Than it is a Hammerhead string. That is made out of BCY trophy not helix. It is a great material from what I hear on the street. The problem with a few of them here or there, is they were not stretched either long enough or enough pounds. So some are having peep rotation. Which once the peep settles after a few 100 shots. You need to twist the string to get the peep in the proper place.

    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Than it is a Hammerhead string. That is made out of BCY trophy not helix. It is a great material from what I hear on the street. The problem with a few of them here or there, is they were not stretched either long enough or enough pounds. So some are having peep rotation. Which once the peep settles after a few 100 shots. You need to twist the string to get the peep in the proper place.

    Hutch
    Hey thats' good news for me...Can you explain the twist, 1 or 2 twists? one end of the string or both ends? Sorry but I'm a little ignorant of the correct approach.
    chasman
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He beat me to the question Hutch so which is it old wise one, lol. Oh, and PM sent.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

  5. #45
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    Hey thats' good news for me...Can you explain the twist, 1 or 2 twists? one end of the string or both ends? Sorry but I'm a little ignorant of the correct approach.
    chasman
    Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    He beat me to the question Hutch so which is it old wise one, lol. Oh, and PM sent.
    After you loosen your limb bolts the string will go limp. Go to the bottom cam and remove the string end. Make sure when you hold it to look and see the way it twists. Twist the string once or twice. Then reassemble. See if the peep is in the proper place at full draw. If not repeat again. But try a half twist if your peep is close to position or full if not. Remember don't put a ton of twists in the string. It will change nocking point and dl. If your peep is real close turn your d loop slightly. This will put you back in the game.

    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

  6. #46
    SonnyThomas
    Guest

    Default Hey guys with the hammer head strings!

    Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i just bought black lightning.i will use it tonight for the fist time on my winnerschoice
    Hope your strings are dark. If not they will be. Good wax though.

  7. #47
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Hope your strings are dark. If not they will be. Good wax though.
    thats a big 10-4...i like dark dull color string.i waxd them up and it looks great and feels great

  8. #48
    Senior Member Simple Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Up here
    Posts
    999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i know what you got...but im not saying..........
    I bet you don't
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

  9. #49
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I bet he don't either!


    HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •