Thread: im taking my bow back to the shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Default im taking my bow back to the shop.

well i have about had it.when i dropd my bow off to get my new string put on a couple weeks ago it was in perfect shape.no camlean.specs were spot on.it wag sighted in and paper tuned.string and sts met up perfectly.really i had my bengal how i wanted it.now i have cam lean.string does not line up with the sts and even pulled off the serving off ware the string met up with the sts.my bow was not paper tuned when i got it back.i tryed twisting the cabel to remove the cam lean along with the ideler wheel lean,this did work but to through off me a2a by a 1/4 inch.now since i have the warenty on the string and i feel the shop did not meet my standard and are now going to fix it.i dont have the time to work on it(pregnet wife,2 year old daughter,ect)so the shop is going to make it right.its just bothering me.i did papertune it after i got it back,i did resight it.but the fact they did not return i in the condition i lft it,well it just ^%$$#$ me off................thanks for reading my rant

Post Thanks / Like

That's why people learn to do it themselves on the forum.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

It's also a very good reason to leave a bow that's performing perfectly (as yours was) absolutely alone. I hope that they get you back to that good place again....then, just shoot the heck out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to GD...some shops you have to very much to the point with...
    as in I want you guys to, Put the new string on, tune it with Proper a2a, no cam lean, papertune etc... and the your lucky if they do half that.. be firm in what you need them to do... not so that they toss ya out thou
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    Good luck to GD...some shops you have to very much to the point with...
    as in I want you guys to, Put the new string on, tune it with Proper a2a, no cam lean, papertune etc... and the your lucky if they do half that.. be firm in what you need them to do... not so that they toss ya out thou
    you said it.i did call them and told them whats up.i made it clear that i had dropd off a perfect bow(well i thought it was perfect)and now its not.i did fix the cam lean.it took 5 twists which through off my a2a by 1\4 inch,but it did fix the lean.then i think the knock point was off because the arrow was flying head ove heals.then my sts was not centerd with the string.after a day of shooting the serving came off ware the sts rests,im sure with a bit of help i can corect my a2a and cam lean and the sts issue.....but for thats not really the point,its having the shop that made the mistake man up and fix there problem.....they told me to come on in and they will fix it all and give me some free range passes.

Post Thanks / Like

there you go just be polite and to the point.. good luck
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/