Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Like Changes?

Post Thanks / Like

My new computer at home has 7 on it plus the military just upgraded to 7. Much much improved system from Vista. Like already posted takes a little while to get used to but a much better operating system.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Arrow Splitter. I just sent you a PM. Did you get it?

Barry
    Yes I did. I just sent you a reply.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Yes I did. I just sent you a reply.

A.S
    OK, I got your reply. I needed to know whether it was working. I sent Alec a PM yesterday and never got a reply. He's one of the moderators and hasn't been around for quite some time. Thanks.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SonnyThomas

Default Do You Like Changes?

Windows XP and Vista. I had Windows and thought it was quite outstanding, if not perfect. I now have Vista Home Premium and think it sucks. Like others, Vista is updated/upgraded almost daily and automatically. Still, as I already replied, the udates and upgrades do not effect how my computer looks or operates, just improves whatever within the computer guts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Windows XP and Vista. I had Windows and thought it was quite outstanding, if not perfect. I now have Vista Home Premium and think it sucks. Like others, Vista is updated/upgraded almost daily and automatically. Still, as I already replied, the udates and upgrades do not effect how my computer looks or operates, just improves whatever within the computer guts.
    Try this to disable the UAC (User Account Control)http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...windows-vista/
    This will allow you to access you antivirus software and anything else without Windows giving you a message asking for your permission. It's disabled on my parents' Vista, and they have not had any problems. Also, at the bottom of that link, you will see another link on how to turn off the red warning shield which will appear in your notification area on your taskbar after the UAC control is turned off.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

joelc

Websites should not change when there is nothing wrong with the system. In other words, IF AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

Sonny, there was plenty wrong with the old website...it was broken so it is now being fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Websites should not change when there is nothing wrong with the system. In other words, IF AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!
    Some changes cannot be done without changing major different parts. The old software Martin used for the board was released in 2003 or somewhere around back then. Forum software gets updated around monthly. Normally it should not even be a problem to get the old topics work in the new software, there are just some limitations, e.g. if a new file format is used and there is no way to convert things.

In general i like the ongoing change in the internet. I participated a lot in social networks before they became so normal and other things like that. I also have spend a lot of time at 4chan and similar networks and i still like to surf through those sites. You can see things evolve from there to the whole internet. You just need to have enough resistance regarding naked people and .. well.. you know.

Summa: I like changes most times. At least if they make sense to me. A great example for change i did not like and not support is office. Since office2007 has been released i use OpenOffice (which is as good as MS Office.. or better..) as i HAAAAATTTEEEE the new design and workspace.

Rergarding Win7: You can configure W7 so that it looks like Vista/kind of Xp again without major problems. Took me 5 Minutes as i did not like the new task bar. Oh, and i have an older stationary PC with only 1 GB of RAM and Vista operated faster than on my older Laptop with 4 GB of RAM and everything newer and faster. Vista was supposed to NOT WORK with just 1GB of Ram. Well. lol.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Sonny, there was plenty wrong with the old website...it was broken so it is now being fixed.
    Hey Joel, nice to read from you. Zhanks for the update.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

SonnyThomas

Default Do You Like Changes?

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Let's see;
    1 - Can't get rid of Visitor messages, can't even delete what is said in Visitor messages. About like AT, I've got 40 Visitor messages, info deleted, but who and me showing reply is still there taking up space. And I can't get anyone to respond tell me how to delete what is there. Why would you want a visitor message stay when it's done answered? Why even have a Visitor center? PM isn't good enough?
    2 - Didn't have trouble going anywhere in the old site and now can't access much at this point in time.
    3 - Old site and pics, a breeze. New site pics, do this, click here, and click for this. Perhaps storing pics on site saves what?
    4 - Quick Navigation bar. Just like the one on AT, next best thing to junk. I click on something I expect to go there, not have to go the list to click on the same thing I just clicked on. And still incomplete here.
    5 - Profile. Use to be straight forward and easy to access, here and the old AT site. Not now.
    6 - What else?

Post Thanks / Like

i thought the old site was great,it dident take a computer wiz to use it.this labtop i got is the first computer i have ever owned and the old site was great for me............and if this new one is being fixt then how about a e.t.a. on the old threads.........might just subside a bit of anger