Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Took the Leap

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked up Silencer yesterday. Very happy indeed. Looking forward to shooting again this Wednesday and hope the chrono is up and running so i can get an idea of what increased speed i'm shooting compared to my PSE at 245 fps. Online caluculator indicates 318 fps, but anything 300+ would make me REAL happy, but I'll come to guys for info on what i need to do to fine tune the bow for such speed. Thanks for the warm welcomes. Rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. And congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

happy to have ya here.its a nce bow you got and hope you get a good kill with it.you will not have a problem finding people here to help ya get it all tuned

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

the old timers are probably in bed by now.,lol. What we will need to know: Draw wt.,Draw length,what string accessories are you using(cat whiskers,string leeches,kisser,peep,brass nocks or d-loop)Trg/sos combo or cable guard? Arrows?rest?

basicall everything about your set-up and be as precise as possible so we can help as much as we can.

welcome to the forum. Post some pics if you can
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome my friend.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    the old timers are probably in bed by now.,lol. What we will need to know: Draw wt.,Draw length,what string accessories are you using(cat whiskers,string leeches,kisser,peep,brass nocks or d-loop)Trg/sos combo or cable guard? Arrows?rest?

basicall everything about your set-up and be as precise as possible so we can help as much as we can.

welcome to the forum. Post some pics if you can
    Current draw weight is 61lbs, 29" draw and the only string accessories are a G5 peep and string D-loop. TRG/SOS combo, QAD Ultr-Pro and Easton Flatline 400's at 31" using 100 grain tips @ 363 grains. (on my old bow, my arrows were 29.5", so i figured the same for new, but pro-shop said it should be at 31" min for the new set-up, making the new flatlines only acceptable at 60lbs. He said any higher poundage, i would need the 340's. Side note: i bought arrows prior, glad i only bought 1/2 doz)
    Last edited by GR8RALLY; 03-29-2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: spelling
    2011 Silencer 61 lbs, Apex Accu-Strike Sight, QAD Ultra Pro Rest, Hoyt Pro Series Stab 6.5", Tight Spot Quiver, Easton Flatlines 363 grains.......300+ fps i hope....lol

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose the proshop is suggesting that your arrows extend beyond the sight window, but with the rest you are using I don't think it's necessary. The arrow sure isn't going to fall down on your hand. This is something you'll have to look at. My gut says you'll be just fine with the arrows you have.

Just looking at the Easton arrow selector you're arrows are right on the upper edge for spine and 29.5". You're probably going to need a 340 spine if you go longer, just as he said. It's not something I would get all hyper with for the short term. However, arrow charts often times leave you hanging on the stiff side so for now I'd shoot what you have and see what happens. I know most of the time I use the target chart for arrow selection.

I also think that, depending on how much arrow is hanging over the rest at full draw you might even be able to shorten them to 28" or so and if so they would spine even better. Just another option to look at.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver