Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cam lean and limb twist help!

SonnyThomas

Default Cam lean and limb twist help!

Pictures and Hutch noting "confusion" pretty much covered things, I thought. And describing "this, that and more" of archery can be confusing and hard to word. I take it in stride and if in doubt I ask... I think...

Double cam system, single cam system, Dartons's CPS system, Hoyt's Cam & 1/2 (top cam is actual a oval wheel), Bowtech's binary cam system, Martin's slaved double cam system and then that danged Darton came up with the 2 & 1\2 cam system. ????
    Where'd I mess up and how many I did I miss?

Post Thanks / Like

Of all those cam systems this thread only applies to the one with an idler, the single cam; I don't see your point in listing them.
    Last edited by CaptJJ; 03-17-2011 at 04:09 PM.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJJ View Post
    Of all those cam systems this thread only applies to the one with an idler, the single cam; I don't see your point in listing them.
    You have issues!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm bothered but you aren't; let me just say I'm very comfortable with who I am and don't need to judge others. And corrrecting one word isn't judging, teachers do it all the time; it's part of the learning process and we all make errors at times. Ever heard of humility?
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And I'm bothered but you aren't; let me just say I'm very comfortable with who I am and don't need to judge others. And corrrecting one word isn't judging, teachers do it all the time; it's part of the learning process and we all make errors at times. Ever heard of humility?
    Why should I be humbled for an honest error? And who made you my teacher? Seems you have had the same conflicts with others on this forum. The people on this forum know me and my character. I am not the know it all. Just a people person who likes to help. I make mistakes and so don't you. But I did go correcting you! It a learning process as you said. This is the last post I will be posting since I hate wasting my time with foolishness.

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 03-17-2011 at 05:29 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post seemed pretty staight foward to me? Had no trouble finding the info I needed Thks Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

I think good came from the two squabbling. I learned there is a difference between cam lean and Idler lean.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I think good came from the two squabbling. I learned there is a difference between cam lean and Idler lean.
    True, in this case it's a single cam bow, but the same can happen with a true dual cam bow, too. And with Binary cams it's just like the bottom cam on a solo cam--you can't do much with them as there is no yoke to twist.

The best fix is to eliminate as much of the torque as possible; thus the adoption of a TRG, Flex rod, TiltTamer, and whatever the other makers are coming out with.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SonnyThomas

Default Cam lean and limb twist help!

Good writeup but you are going to confuse people with the title, it's idler lean. Cam lean is the result of the cable guard pulling the string and cable but can't be fixed; idler lean can be adjusted by the yoke though.
    The yoke can used to correct both idler wheel and cam lean. The Scepter had what cam system? And cam lean was adjusted how? Martin Tech Forum aside, many of us had or have bows of other manufacture. And don't we grow through working with different bows?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    The yoke can used to correct both idler wheel and cam lean. The Scepter had what cam system? And cam lean was adjusted how? Martin Tech Forum aside, many of us had or have bows of other manufacture. And don't we grow through working with different bows?
    What are you referring to, Sonny? The X system? IMO opinion the best system to ever get mounted on a bow, at least to date. Especially the Nitrous X. Can you envision a Nitrous X cam with drawstops?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver