Thread: different cams

SCOTT LEDANE

Default different cams

Was wondering what the IBO speed difference is between the different cams.
    More specifically, if I have Tru Arc cams and thinking of changing to Dyna cam
    or even the Nitros. Which is the faster cam the Tru Arc or the Dyna. I guess there are other differences in smoothness and such. Elaborate on the issue if you can fit it in on the space provided, please.

Post Thanks / Like

Of the three cam choices the Dyna cam and Tru-Arc+ are pretty close. I think the Dynacam would win the race, but marginally so. The Nitrous is faster by a pretty good margin (my obvious choice).

Take to heart that you just can't go about changing the cams and rigging. You have to check the cam spec charts or ask someone at Martin about this. It may require different limbs to stay within the weight range you now have.

Another is that the Tru_arc originally had some failures. The following year they altered them and beefed them up, along with changing how the cables attached to the cam. Second generation can be changed for draw length without the use of a bow press. The Tru-Arc has been discontinued for 2007 so you might want to consider this. Parts will not be available later. If you have any problems and need parts you'll end up with a Dynacam as that's what they are replacing the Tru-Arc with.

L.O.T.10R

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher
    Of the three cam choices the Dyna cam and Tru-Arc+ are pretty close. I think the Dynacam would win the race, but marginally so. The Nitrous is faster by a pretty good margin (my obvious choice).

Take to heart that you just can't go about changing the cams and rigging. You have to check the cam spec charts or ask someone at Martin about this. It may require different limbs to stay within the weight range you now have.

Another is that the Tru_arc originally had some failures. The following year they altered them and beefed them up, along with changing how the cables attached to the cam. Second generation can be changed for draw length without the use of a bow press. The Tru-Arc has been discontinued for 2007 so you might want to consider this. Parts will not be available later. If you have any problems and need parts you'll end up with a Dynacam as that's what they are replacing the Tru-Arc with.
    sound like you have knowledge in this thing. i have 60lbs martin saber with dyna cam system, and planning to change it with M-pro cam together with new 70lbs limb. any idea about it? and do i have to put new string and cable as well? any comment will be appreciated. thanks!