Thread: tuning

Post Thanks / Like

Default tuning

Anyone seen this on AT? Martin Cat Cam-Optimum Settings-Advice-Questions . Sorry I don't know how to copy the thread. Maybe someone with more computer knowledge can help with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

SonnyThomas

Default tuning

Not knocking the info in the link, but Creep Tuning has been around for a good while and I think the average shooter will be better off going with the Martin manual and then go with creep tuning. One then can come back to the link and look over.

As said in another reply or post, I more or less gave up on "tricks" of tuning because most tricks really don't do what they say they do once all is checked and investigated.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read the whole thread, alot of pages. I was just wondering if any of you knew what he was talking about and has anyone tryed these things on their own bow? I don't pretend to know the first thing about what is being explained, even with pictures. Has anything like this been talked about on this site? What would be the pros and cons of doing some of these things? Are any of the tips for tuning worth while or are they just a pain and not worth the time?

Post Thanks / Like

Default worth while

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, alot of pages. I was just wondering if any of you knew what he was talking about and has anyone tryed these things on their own bow? I don't pretend to know the first thing about what is being explained, even with pictures. Has anything like this been talked about on this site? What would be the pros and cons of doing some of these things? Are any of the tips for tuning worth while or are they just a pain and not worth the time?
    Cyclepath,

You have to have expectation first. If you just want to kill deer and shoot with your buddy on the weekend this type of tuning is probably over board. If you want to compete at the highest levels in the competition ranks it is a necessity.

I hope that this gives you some perspective on the topic.

Thanks
    Gary