Thread: Precision baby ;)

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Precision baby ;)

Hei, hei!

I visited my archery club this night and shot some arrows. Wow, was a pleasure to shoot. Until i destroyed 3 arrows. 1 cracked around the tip because i shot a group so close that not a hair could fit in between that. 1 cracked in the mid because of the same reason and 1 got a 'nearly robin hood'. The Beiter nock has been destryoed and pushed INTO the shaft. The GT points are just so fat that the barely will fit into a shaft with a nock sitting on it.

I must admit that i hate this. 3 arrows lost in one evening at 40m Training.

(Although it is somewhat cool...)

No picturea available, the kids wanted to shoot so i had no time to make one exept of the arrow with the nock busted into the shaft. I just need to get it from a friend of mine.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

good job. I can relate. I've got the same problem. It gets expensive quick. I picked up some cheap used aluminums for nock shootin fun so I don't destroy my carbons. I don't mind trying to Robin Hood others arrows though. It makes people mad when I shoot their arrows for being in "MY" 10 ring on 3D.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

SonnyThomas

Default Precision baby ;)

When shooting from 20 yards I usually go with a 5 spot target...though I get tempted. Recently I've using a 5 spot from 30 yards, though a single spot suffices most of the time. And then when I get "hot" I get some ouchies. So reading the post I went and checked my bow case.... Bull dog collars don't always save the arrow - you can just see the bull dog collar inside the shaft - that has to be weird, collar sucked inside. Didn't turn the nocks or you could where one was split and dinged in bottom groove so arrow wouldn't stay on the string.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Thank God I'm just bad enough all I do is tear up fletchings and break some nocks. lol In 20 years, I've never Robin Hooded an arrow. Replace alot of fletchings, but that's easy enough, and cheap. Nocks aren't too bad either. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

cracked a nearly new X Ringer today on my deer target. should have known better. and thirty yards too. just banged up against the side of it with another arrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default robin hoods

I shoot fingers and barebow, and managed to robin hood three arrows in 6 months. Hurts the pocket like hell.