Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New firecat 400 vibration help

Post Thanks / Like

Default New firecat 400 vibration help

Hello all, new here and new to Martin bows, just bought the new firecat 400 and liking the bow much. Just had my dealer tune her and he suggested he could put some vibration stuff on it so I said go 4 it. My problem is it seems as if the bow is louder now and has more shock as well. WTH is up? He installed a set of bow jax between the strings and a set of simms dampeners on the inside of the limbs and finally a doughnut disk thing on the sos rod that runs into the riser. My question is, is the donut and maybe the string jax actually causing more vib? Cause the bow seemed better before!
    Talk to me...Any suggestions please.
    Thank's:confused
    Last edited by bowhonky; 03-17-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    I love you laura FMartin FireCat 400.....Meats on the TABLE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I believe the string silencers are the cause of your problem. I would remove them and shoot the bow. You should find that the bow is quieter. If you have any other questions, we're all here to help. Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's Why do you think they are causing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Yes, I believe the string silencers are the cause of your problem. I would remove them and shoot the bow. You should find that the bow is quieter. If you have any other questions, we're all here to help. Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum.
    A.S

Post Thanks / Like

Because of your combination of speed nocks and string silencers, there is a lot of weight on the string going forward during the shot, and when the string hits the string stop, it oscilates more than it did without the silencers, causing more noise.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

How much shooting have you done with it? And since the dampening devices were added? Did you check to make sure all screws, bolts, clips, etc. are tight? What kind of sound are you hearing? Some people say those bow jax cause a buzzing type sound.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

The speed knocks, oh sure. Those jax are coming right off! Thank's again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Because of your combination of speed nocks and string silencers, there is a lot of weight on the string going forward during the shot, and when the string hits the string stop, it oscilates more than it did without the silencers, causing more noise.

A.S

Post Thanks / Like

Man that is a SWEET bow! Um, oh yeah....back to your problem, It's the whisker biscut. Sorry man i have no idea, but pm me if you wanna get rid of it

Post Thanks / Like

The sound seems to be a louder slap when the string hits the sos, most likley the added weight due to the jax.About 100 or so shots, and all is tight on the bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    How much shooting have you done with it? And since the dampening devices were added? Did you check to make sure all screws, bolts, clips, etc. are tight? What kind of sound are you hearing? Some people say those bow jax cause a buzzing type sound.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, do you happin to know what grain arrow your shootin? Did you happen to change your arrow's at any time?
    Last edited by martinbowhunter; 03-17-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the wisker b is a loaner from the shop, im waiting for a apache drop away!
    Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    Man that is a SWEET bow! Um, oh yeah....back to your problem, It's the whisker biscut. Sorry man i have no idea, but pm me if you wanna get rid of it