Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New firecat 400 vibration help

Post Thanks / Like

Default firecat

i have same bow shoots great i felt it was a little noisy so i put 4 monkey tails on it and that helped but still have a twang coming from string doesnt have any vibration so i ordered another sts to put on it to see if that helps

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I've notice that if the jax and leeches aren't tied in tightly, they definitely have a buzz. I've got an aftermarket sts(Norway ind)on my Cheetah w no other string silencers or speed nocks. It's pretty quiet. Just a solid thud. If you find that you need the string dampners,good ol' cat whiskers are the best.

some other silencing tips: fleece padding on the shelf/riser, rubber gasket between the sight/riser,rubber between the quiver mount/sight, rubber between the rest/riser, vibration reducing stabilizer(i use Vibracheck and Sims S-coil). Some bows need all of it,others don't. It a process of elimination type thing.

BTW,welcome to the forum. That's a very nice set-up you have. Well do our best to take care of you both.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340