Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New firecat 400 vibration help

Post Thanks / Like

Yes light stuff, im shootin the easton flatlines 400 spine and 7.4 or so gpi at 27in w/blazers and bows at 63lbs 27 draw
    Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    Oh yeah, do you happin to know what grain arrow your shootin?
    I love you laura FMartin FireCat 400.....Meats on the TABLE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowhonky View Post
    The sound seems to be a louder slap when the string hits the sos
    Try moving the position of the SOS to see how it affects the noise. Some guys say theirs work better with it just touching the string and others need it about a credit card width away.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

When I was shooting tonight that exact thought crossed my mind! the string is pretty tight right now, I WILL try it out 4 sure. thanxs
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    Try moving the position of the SOS to see how it affects the noise. Some guys say theirs work better with it just touching the string and others need it about a credit card width away.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes light stuff, im shootin the easton flatlines 400 spine and 7.4 or so gpi at 27in w/blazers and bows at 63lbs 27 draw
    Sorry man, sent that post without finishing what i was going to ask. Ok so these arrows that your shooting, were they the arrow's you were shooting at the shop also? Just asking because alot of people shoot the arrow's that the shop has there when trying out a new bow, then when the get home and shoot there own arrows which most time's will be a different weight, they wonder why the bow feel's/shoot's different. sorry, just something alot of people over look.

Post Thanks / Like

You got that right! The shop gave me some ''heavier'' easton axis arrows to shoot at the shop and they were heavier for sure, my flatlines are light, im looking to go heavier for KE for hunting next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    Sorry man, sent that post without finishing what i was going to ask. Ok so these arrows that your shooting, were they the arrow's you were shooting at the shop also? Just asking because alot of people shoot the arrow's that the shop has there when trying out a new bow, then when the get home and shoot there own arrows which most time's will be a different weight, they wonder why the bow feel's/shoot's different. sorry, just something alot of people over look.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's something nobody mentioned. Cam sync. The cams may be out of sync with each other and this can cause a lot of vibration. When timed properly these parallel limbed bows exhibit very little noise or vibration. It doesn't take much.

I've never tried string silencers in my strings with an STS, but might have to just to see what goes. I can see the theory behind what the guys are saying but I kind of have my doubts. Still, it might be worth leaving the Jacks in the string and removing the SOS and compare. The you can tell us all about it so we know, too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Then i say leave everything on, move your sos away from the string about 1/16" and shoot it like that till you get your hunting arrow's Then go from there. i know my bow is a little more quiet with my string leaches in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Here's something nobody mentioned. Cam sync. The cams may be out of sync with each other and this can cause a lot of vibration. When timed properly these parallel limbed bows exhibit very little noise or vibration. It doesn't take much.

I've never tried string silencers in my strings with an STS, but might have to just to see what goes. I can see the theory behind what the guys are saying but I kind of have my doubts. Still, it might be worth leaving the Jacks in the string and removing the SOS and compare. The you can tell us all about it so we know, too.
    Very good point Bfisher

Post Thanks / Like

You got that right! The shop gave me some ''heavier'' easton axis arrows to shoot at the shop and they were heavier for sure, my flatlines are light, im looking to go heavier for KE for hunting next season.
    Right here is where you are getting the added vibration, the heavier arrows are absorbing more of the bows energy at the shot and leaving less energy stored in the bow that will turn into vibration.

Also as Bfisher suggested, have the shop recheck the cam timing, an out of tune bow will have more vibration and noise than a well tuned bow.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the usefull help and info., I will get this bow tuned sweet no matter. I love the way it balences and holds, draw cycle is great, plus its fast and hot looking, a favorite. The deer n pigs are gonna be going on the table!