Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speednocks true or false

Post Thanks / Like

Default speednocks true or false

I think I'm spending to much time on the computer, but I can't stop looking for usless information. Came across a write up on speednocks. Are these things for real or just a scam to get people to spend their money. Well, yall know the drill, what's the real deal with these things? 5 fps sounds good but is it to good to be true? Let's here about em

Post Thanks / Like

They do work but there's some trial and error involved in getting the right amount of weight at each end of the string and in the right location.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyhud View Post
    They do work but there's some trial and error involved in getting the right amount of weight at each end of the string and in the right location.
    x2 Rockyhud explained well.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    I think I'm spending to much time on the computer, but I can't stop looking for usless information. Came across a write up on speednocks. Are these things for real or just a scam to get people to spend their money. Well, yall know the drill, what's the real deal with these things? 5 fps sounds good but is it to good to be true? Let's here about em
    Not a scam at all. They are worth 5-10fps depending on cam system etc... There placement is done by trial and error in front of a chrono. They are nothing more than brass crimp on nock sets covered in shrink tube. If you have access to a chrono, some brass nock sets and nock crimps.....you can do this yourself. Just be sure to put the shrink tube on after you get them in there final position.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Archerx7

How much are they worth on bows with Nitro cams?

I noticed the fastest bow out there, PSE Omen has a lot of speed nocks. It looks like there are 2 then 3 then 2 more for a total of 7 on each end.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

OK, let me try to understand this. They are nothing more than brass nock points. So after trial and error you should get a few more fps. Can someone post a picture of these on their bow? How many of you have done this to your bow and got good results? What bow did you do it to?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Archerx7

How much are they worth on bows with Nitro cams?

I noticed the fastest bow out there, PSE Omen has a lot of speed nocks. It looks like there are 2 then 3 then 2 more for a total of 7 on each end.
    Not real sure on the Nitro cams, as the Martins come with speed nocks from the factory and I haven't had the time to experiment with them yet. We did find by adding one extra at each end on the Alien X we picked up a couple more fps, also had to move the location of them slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    OK, let me try to understand this. They are nothing more than brass nock points. So after trial and error you should get a few more fps. Can someone post a picture of these on their bow? How many of you have done this to your bow and got good results? What bow did you do it to?
    Yes, they are brass nock points covered with shrink wrap. The factory has them pretty close, but you may be able to gain a little more by experimenting with locations and quantities in front of a chrono. Just be sure to shrink wrap the new ones when finished. Saw a guy almost get hit in the eye by one that flew off and bounced off his top limb, because he didn't think the shrink wrap was needed after he had them in place.

Advantage Custom Strings

SonnyThomas

Default speednocks true or false

Yes, they work, but sure give your chronograph a working out. Worked on PSE just recently. Yep, sure a lot of speed noks, probably 7 on each end of the string.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a video I found on YouTube showing how to cover them. I like the built in bow press of his bow. How convenient!

Last edited by MLN1963; 03-19-2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool video. Seems like the shrink tube would slow the bow down. It would be cool if there is a video of someone setting up the bow with the speednocks. Hey, sounds like a good job for me!