Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrow Lube

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrow Lube

What brand of arrow lube is recommended? Are there any that don't stink? This stuff sure is expensive, are there any DIY home brews?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

plain old bar of soap ivory doesnt smell to bad

Post Thanks / Like

Woody's Arrow Lube was best I've tried so far on 3D targets
    but, yes is a little expensive
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never used arrow lube, but it seems that veggie oil or olive oil would work. Maybe PAM cooking spray? Ya know,the stuff sprayed in pans to keep the sauteed onions from sticking
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose the stuff needs to be scent free too if you end up hunting with the same arrows.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I suppose the stuff needs to be scent free too if you end up hunting with the same arrows.
    I don't know as that would be a real issue, as it whips off after a few shoots and there are likely many other stronger scent, movement and set-up issues above that.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I've never used arrow lube, but it seems that veggie oil or olive oil would work. Maybe PAM cooking spray? Ya know,the stuff sprayed in pans to keep the sauteed onions from sticking
    "STOP" dont do that...lol if you want to keep any of the 3D targets you have... Bear's like PAM they think that foam is way yummy with any thing like that on your targets.. Dont see why a Hog would be any differant..

Go to the DIY boards on AT do a search you will find aton of home brews..just choose wisely.....some auto porducts work well to..
    also have pvc tube's to dispence the home brews.. good info on what to and not to use..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

SonnyThomas

Default Arrow Lube

Woody's, Scorpion Venom, and Carbon Express arrow lube are basically the same. Work great, just don't get it on something you want to hang onto to.
    I carry at least one of them little motel bars of soap. Usually carry bag of them with me at shoots. The soap just plain works. I've given away 15 or 20 bars. Wife just picked up another 15 at some back yard sale. Whew! Sure didn't want to run out when we still have cool weather.
    Last edited by SonnyThomas; 03-18-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default X2 for Woody's arrow lube

X2 for Woody's

Price a bit high but I have been using the same bottle for almost 2 full years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gstudt View Post
    X2 for Woody's

Price a bit high but I have been using the same bottle for almost 2 full years.
    I would still be on my same bottle, except I left the cap loose and it dripped out all over the inside of the fanny pack pocket I had it in......makes the hands a bit slick too after cleaning it up.