Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is the strangest thing you accidently shot with you bow?

Post Thanks / Like

i shot the dirt under a 3d deer today....how embarassing!!! havent ranged any pin but my 20 pin though. my x is shooting freeking sweet though.... its a great moment watching your arrow flying dead nuts and tagging foam exactly where your holding your pin......lol now if i can just get my ranges down!!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i aquired a broke jaw saturday morning.i have to get it reconstructid on monday morning..till then hospital is my home with liqid pain killers.no food,just what i can get i with a straw.left side of my jaw is brokw and in the middel of the bottom two front teeth bown to my chin broke in half,,,all and all im doing great.Ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    One of the new clients not want to go down without a fight? HAHAHA now what the new zombie 3D shoot would that be 4D then

Seriously, how did you break your jaw?
    +1 How did oh I read AS Post. Please see my post there thanks

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

A couple summers ago I was practicing at my parents place in their yard. Set up my black hole at 60 yards and fired an arrow. It sailed towards the target hitting short, bounced once then slammed into the metal frame of my dads quad cart he uses in the garden. It was one heck of a BOOM when it hit...didn't dent the frame or even chip the paint...my arrow on the other hand wasn't doing to good...it virtually disintegrated. All I could find was the last 3" of arrow with the fletchings and the first 2" with the insert and field tip...OOPS!
    2011 Martin Silencer in Skulz Camo - Rip-Cord Code Red rest (black), G5 Optix XR sight (black), Alpine soft-loc 5 arrow quiver (skulz camo), GT UL Pro 22 arrows, 12" Smooth Stablility SLR Stab in Skulz Camo, Shot with a Scott Caliper Release with Rubber Hand grip
    Member of ABAM
    Mid 90's Martin Lynx - Limbsaver S-coil stabilizer, limbsaver ultra quad dampeners, Kwikee Kwiver, Cobra 4-pin sight, bohning hunter peep sight, Easton ST Excel 400, 125gr Thunderheads, shot with a finger tab.

Post Thanks / Like

Shooting a beaver probably doesn't sound all that strange, but the circumstances certainly were. At the time one of my archery club members held the record for the largest ground hog in the state. I was an avid ground hog hunter as were several of us in the club. Some members even put up tree stands to try for a big'un.

I was deer hunting and had seen a hole you could drop a basketball into a hundred yards or so before where I was now. As I walked a fire-lane through a pine ridge, I saw what must have been the new state record ground hog standing upright and facing away from me at 25 yards. The nearest body of water that might hold beaver was at least a half-mile away and beaver was the furthest thing from my mind.

Well, I pinwheeled him through the spine just below his head. He fell face down and the biggest flattest tail I ever saw popped up and fell over with him. That was the strangest "ground hog" I ever shot with a bow.

mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds interesting!

Hutch
    Ya i bought a new delta bag from basspro and brought it into the house,well i couldnt just let it sit there so i put it against a old box that was leaning on bathroom door,with that much room and new bag no way it could hit door..........................wrong first shot sounded like a shot gun when arrow hit bag.Blew right through into door,lucky it didnt hit shower,then id be in trouble.....Last time i ever shot in the house........

Forgot to mention it was raining outside......

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing really strange but did have few shots getaway without permission while learning to shoot a release, the strangest part was finding the wildest of them which went off at about 3/4 draw, off through redwoods, whacking it's way through about 40 trees until I heard it thunk into a tree. Found it a week later, nowhere near the direction it left it left the bow on.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Just was thinking and last year shot the wife's jean's on the lineWas trying to thread the arrow between the pant legs for something different and POP.Man when she put them on,knew exactly what the hole wasI since have been moved this year beside the garage for all my shooting.WOMEN:they have no sense of HA hA
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ttt

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

alright I tell...well last year was putting a loop on the wifes bow. drew back with a arrow to see if it would tightin up some. and pow the loop slipped and shot in the floor.Then was at the range shooting 60 yards and made a get shot in the center of the target ( soft spot in the carpet target) sounded good dull thump. went up to the target pulled arrow out and egg shells fell to the ground. moved back the target face and I killed a robin and a some eggs. the soft spot was hollowed out and she made a nest in it. funny stuff me and the 2 others thought it was funny. Then last week I was checking my draw in the bedroom on my shadowcat shooting fingers and started to let down and pow shot the wall into a stud. LOl still need to fix that one before the wife finds it. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

my garage
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff