Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: changing string on 2010 pantera

Post Thanks / Like

Default changing string on 2010 pantera

I purchased this bow last Nov., with everything I read on this post and others concerning peep twist with this double helix ugly yellow string I got a "custom" string.I am still open fof another..I shoot every day,,with 2 diff.bows..My question is that I read somewhere I could back out my limb bolts to change this string?? I"m not exactly new to bow shooting and tuning ,so this sounds kinda goofy to me...Yes, commom sense tells me to have a bow shop do it,but I would like to learn to do this myself,obviously I do not have a press...Thank-you

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stellitewelder View Post
    I purchased this bow last Nov., with everything I read on this post and others concerning peep twist with this double helix ugly yellow string I got a "custom" string.I am still open fof another..I shoot every day,,with 2 diff.bows..My question is that I read somewhere I could back out my limb bolts to change this string?? I"m not exactly new to bow shooting and tuning ,so this sounds kinda goofy to me...Yes, commom sense tells me to have a bow shop do it,but I would like to learn to do this myself,obviously I do not have a press...Thank-you
    Welcome!
    Take note of how your string and cable are routed or take a pic. Then back out the limb bolts equal, a few times on one side then the other. Till you see the bottom of the bolts in the barrel nuts on the riser. Once you replace the string reverse the procedure. Than check your ATA and bh if they are to specs you are okay to go. If not repeat the procedure and shorten or lengthen the cable and or string accordingly by twisting or untwisting.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

You can change strings yourself, you'll need to back the limb bolts out about 2 turns at a time, alterating between top and bottom while watching inside the barrel nuts untill you see the ends of the bolts appear inside the barrel nut, this will take enough tension off the limbs/strings that you should be able to slip the old string/cable off and install the new set. Just be carefull doing it this way and take your time and all should go well.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ata ???

Thank-you all..ATA ???????

Post Thanks / Like

axel to axel......I am a bit slow

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not slow just learning. When you are done your axle to axle should be set to specs that should put your brace height at the correct specs.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

so easy a caveman could do it. Welcome to the forum.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Your cams are held to the limbs via axles. The axle goes thru the center(ish) of the cams/idler and thru the limbs. If there were no torque on the bow limbs from a CCS/TRG/slider the distance from each axle would be the same on both the left and right ends of the axle. E.G. 32"

Twisting the string and or cables affects the length of them. More twists equal a shorter string, less equal longer. The cables and string are manipulated thru twisting to get the desired results, the proper axle to axle (A2A) length and Brace Height (BH).

The real experts can help you get what you need. I know just enough to be dangerous at this point.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

thankx all,,enjoy this forum,I'm a fan of help not "know it alls",,hope thats not to aggressive an you all know what I meam!!!!