Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little help with my QAD rest!!!!!1

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little help with my QAD rest!!!!!1

Ok i put this rest on a few days ago seems i have some contact on my vanes.This is resulting in not so good arrow flight.
    First thing is my rest setup right.I have it where the arrow lines up with burger hole,but rest is a 1/4 or so off the shelf.Should i re-adjust it to where it just is above shelf and forget about where it lines up with burger hole.Of course i will have to adjust d-loop again.
    Vane contact could be from rest not right,the lines on rest line up at full draw so seems right!.I also am using little football but it hasnt moved so its good.Ok thats it.Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked out the QAD site support? Which model is it? Here is a link.

http://www.qadinc.com/techsupport.php
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

It came with a install cd and when the guy set it up on a bow it was off the shelf also but not as high as mine.I was just curious how some peoplr setup theirs or if im doing something wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Try shooting with the odd vane down and see if you get any contact that way. The timing on the QAD's is very important, the 2 lines should meet within the last 1" of the draw cycle, any sooner than that with the hunter model and your likley to get contact.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine set up so it just clears the shelf and the arrow is not splitting the burger hole in half but maybe the top third of the arrow covers the lower third of the burger hole. I also have the cock vane up per the video and QAD recommendations. So far shoots great and this is the cheapo QAD. Mine is tied in though and not using the football clamp.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest thing to remember is to get the timing marks lined up at full draw. Mine on the Forecat wasn't and I'ld get those same marks. Tyed the cock vane down and would get contact in the center of the prongs.

Read through the directions again. One of the last things they mention is the timing marks.

Good Luck .
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

Ok just got through setting it up again,i did split the arrow between the burger hole but rest is lower and looks better.Will try this to see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    I also have the cock vane up per the video and QAD recommendations.
    I don't really understand what this is doing?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

QAD recemmonds shoooting the cock/odd vane in the up position.
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

Ok got through shooting few arrows,same thing,still hitting vanes.I did notice that at full draw i touched the rope coming from the rest and it had some slack in it.I think that football is slipping,so i will re-time it and tie a knot like that guy on AT did and see if that solves it.
    I had one of these before and dont remember it being such a pain..........