Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little help with my QAD rest!!!!!1

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you found your problem!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    It sounds like you found your problem!
    Well i hope so,turkey season almost here and im still messin with this thing.Anyway this is how i did it in the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

You are doing better than me. I came home with a bare bow the other day and I have everything else on order and I'll be lucky if it is all here by early next week. Then I have to set it all up, tune it and BH tune it before Turkey season. That wouldn't be bad but I have never set up or owned a bow before. Wish me luck!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

You are doing better than me. I came home with a bare bow the other day and I have everything else on order and I'll be lucky if it is all here by early next week. Then I have to set it all up, tune it and BH tune it before Turkey season. That wouldn't be bad but I have never set up or owned a bow before. Wish me luck!
    this is going to be your first bow,well congrats.you have been around long enough to know like a pro

Post Thanks / Like

I came home with a bare bow the other day and I have everything else on order and I'll be lucky if it is all here by early next week.
    What did you end up with? What are you putting on it?
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

You picked a tough species to be your first bow kill,what bow did you get!!!

Post Thanks / Like

really the first hunt with anybwepon on anynanimal is a bit tough(unless its guided)so go for the gusto and get you bird...but what did you get?

Post Thanks / Like

I plan to go hunting with my son if I get everything sorted. Even if I don't get my bow done I'll still take him. I don't know if I'll be successful but that is okay. I'm mostly going to be with my kiddo.

I ended up getting a Firecat 400. I was set on the Silencer but happened upon this and decided that I liked the cat claw look of the FC400. I have a QAD Ultra Hunter LD rest and other goodies on the way.

I jumped in off the deep end and went for it. I figure if I can rebuilding motorcycle and car engines, suspension and all that, I should be able to handle this with a little help from my friends.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I plan to go hunting with my son if I get everything sorted. Even if I don't get my bow done I'll still take him. I don't know if I'll be successful but that is okay. I'm mostly going to be with my kiddo.

I ended up getting a Firecat 400. I was set on the Silencer but happened upon this and decided that I liked the cat claw look of the FC400. I have a QAD Ultra Hunter LD rest and other goodies on the way.

I jumped in off the deep end and went for it. I figure if I can rebuilding motorcycle and car engines, suspension and all that, I should be able to handle this with a little help from my friends.
    Looks like your going to have a good time,nice first bow too.Post a pic when you bag one.
    Ok well i figured out my problem,even tying in rope from rest instead of little clamp i still was getting major vane contact,ya i was getting pissed at this time.Then i rememberd that extra launcher for better clearance,BINGO problem solved.Ok i feel better now....................

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you sorted it out. I'm going to use the TL1 launcher as well. I plan to try FOBs and was told to use it. Since our bows are probably very similar this may save me some heartache.

Can you post pictures of it now so we can see before and after pics? Is your arrow below the burger holes now? Is your nock level or higher than the rest and if so how much?
    Firecat 400