Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOBs dont seem to work with new martins

Post Thanks / Like

Default FOBs dont seem to work with new martins

i ordered up a set of the starrflight fobs and they whack the inner cable during release. they clear normally with the tester they send. but once in a while it makes a loud whack and kicks way out. i noticed that there looks like a impact in the cable. any one else use these things?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Have you contacted Paul Morris at http://www.starrflight.com ? He is the owner and very helpful from what I gather. Also join at http://www.teamstarrflight.com/ that is a site dedicated to FOBs.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

What rest are you using? If it is a QAD are you using the optional TL1 launcher that it comes with? Paul Morris at Starrflight told me to use that one with my QAD I have coming.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

i sent him an email. im wondering if it might be my face putting some torque on the arrow and pushing it into the cables

Post Thanks / Like

When you use the tester how much space is there between the FOB tester and the cable in question? I have read that there needs to be 3/16 clearance or more. According to the Starrflight website Q&A.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

I use them with my firecat, although it's a 2008/2010 I use a qad-hd and have had 0 problems with mine. Not sure how much room there is but they aren't hitting anything.

Post Thanks / Like

im using a rip cord. i have the clearance at the rests and the cables when the bow isnt pulled back but at full draw the tester doesnt clear. and i checked my rest its dropping plenty fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you adjust your cable slide so the cables are pulled a little further away. Mine has a little kink in it. Turned it a little plus have a Saunders Hyper-Glide for the cable slide. Don't know if this is an option. Don't know what bow you have that might help us to come up with some more options for you to try.
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

cant adjust them. i went back to regular fletchings. i found the fob was dragging the under side of the string stop. to hell with it ill use blazers. fobs seem to whistle at high speeds too.

Post Thanks / Like

Leeindy

PM sent
    Firecat 400